Thursday, October 25, 2012

Fall Apple Dip

(Photo by Taste of Home)
 This is an old favorite recipe I had sort of forgotten about.  While our family was here visiting from out west, we planned a small gathering for extended family one Sunday afternoon, and I had asked people to bring a favorite fall snack to share.  I had a few ideas of what I would make myself, but ended up with this old standby I hadn't made in years.  Here it is:

FALL  APPLE  DIP
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature  (I use Neufchatel)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Apples 
Orange juice

Blend together cream cheese, brown sugar and vanilla.  Place in a small bowl.

Wash, core and slice apples -- Honey Crisp apples are a real favorite, but for this occasion I think I used Ginger Gold and Cortland -- dip into orange juice, then drain and arrange in concentric circles on a pretty plate.  Place bowl of dip in center.  Refrigerate any leftover dip.

And that is it.  Simple!  It went over well with those at the get-together, and I won't wait so long to make this recipe again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.