Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A great grilled chicken recipe

(Photo by Taste of Home)
As I mentioned yesterday, I tried a new marinade for grilled boneless chicken breasts on Saturday.  Years ago my mom found a good marinade recipe and for the longest time it was the only one I used.  But it involved honey, which has become so expensive (unless you happen to have your own hives), and so I gradually stopped using it.   Over the past few years, when I marinated anything, it was usually just in Italian salad dressing.

Then I spotted this recipe in a back issue of Taste of Home: Grilled Chicken with Salsa.  I didn't have the ingredients on hand for the salsa, but if I'd had them I probably would have tried that too.  It has great reviews on the Taste of Home site, so next time I find fresh pineapple on a good sale, I'll try making this salsa.

The marinade looked simple and easy, and it uses ingredients I keep on hand all the time.  There's only 1 teaspoon of sugar, and only 1 tablespoon of oil, so it's quite inexpensive.  We loved how the citrus flavors enhanced the grilled chicken.  If you're looking for something a bit different to add to  your grilling repertoire, give this recipe a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.