Monday, September 23, 2013

Goals for week beginning 9/23/2013


This gorgeous graphic is from Little Birdie Blessings
It's a mystery!  How Mondays come around so quickly, I'll never know.  The weeks just have a way of flying by.  Here are my tentative goals for this week:
*  Spend time in 2 Samuel Bible study
* Continue work on Sunday School lesson 10
 *  Make 1 or 2 pages for "What Do I Know About My God"?  notebook
*  Memorize Psalm 145:1-5
*  Read 1 or 2 chapters in  Following God With All Your Heart
*  Exercise or go for walks as often as time allows
*  Keep up with crafting goals for birthdays, Christmas, and finishing UFOs
* Finish and mail Darrin's birthday gift
*  Keep up a good water intake
*  Get to bed by 9:30 or 10 pm each night
*  Post at least four times in my regular blog, and in my Christmas blog as time allows
*  Get a lot of basic homemaking tasks done in various zones of the house, especially zone 4
*  Spend at least 15 minutes a day reorganizing the many piles, stacks, notebooks and containers full of recipes I've collected over time
 *  Hopefully have a fun fall outing with our local daughter and her family
 *  Make a daily time schedule for the things I need to do
* Begin a back-on-track challenge

And here's how last week went:
*  Spend time in 2 Samuel Bible study -- DONE!
* Begin work on Sunday School lesson 10 -- DONE!
 *  Make 1 or 2 pages for "What Do I Know About My God"?  notebook -- DONE!
*  Memorize Psalm 145:1-5 -- not completed; reviewed Isaiah 26:3-4 instead
*  Read 1 or 2 chapters in  Following God With All Your Heart -- DONE!
*  Exercise or go for walks as often as time allows -- exercised only once, but I am thrilled about this.  After months of not getting to it, I found time to exercise once.  And if I can find time to do that  once, I can do the same  3 to 5 times per week.
*  Keep up with crafting goals for birthdays, Christmas, and finishing UFOs -- DONE!
* Finish Darrin's birthday gift -- not done, but well started
*  Keep up a good water intake -- DONE!
*  Get to bed by 9:30 or 10 pm each night -- not done
*  Post at least four times in my regular blog, and in my Christmas blog as time allows -- DONE!
*  Get a lot of basic homemaking tasks done in various zones of the house -- DONE!
*  Spend at least 15 minutes a day reorganizing the many piles, stacks, notebooks and containers full of recipes I've collected over time  -- not done, but I started this project!
 *  Make a daily time schedule for the things I need to do -- DONE!
* Begin a back-on-track challenge  -- not done

Last week took a couple of very unexpected twists and turns.  I am hoping that this week will go more smoothly, but when we seek to follow the Lord, life is always an adventure.

6 comments:

  1. Hello, My name is Elizabeth, and my blog is called Creative Breathing. I came across your blog while searching for "country cross stitch". I found the post featuring "Country Baking" and wanted to tell you how lovely your project turned out.
    I have enjoyed tremendously reading through posts, oohing over recipes, and being inspired by your weekly goals.
    A very lovely visit for sure! Thank you for sharing yourself here. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Elizabeth! I am delighted to see you here at my kitchen table! I am a long-time admirer of Creative Breathing and have always enjoyed and been inspired by my visits there.

    So happy to hear you enjoyed your visit here in my kitchen! Thanks for your compliments on my "Country Baking" cross stitch. If you click the label "cross stitch", you should be able to see 4 other cross stitch samplers I have done. It takes me a long time to do them, but I enjoy the process and the results.

    Glad you are enjoying recipes and other posts. Please come and visit here again anytime!

    God bless,
    Mrs. T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:00 PM

    Mrs T, just dropping in to say happy autumn to you. I've been away and now returned. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Mrs. R!!! Happy autumn to you as well! Glad you are safely back from your time away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mrs. T. So glad to see you used my scripture graphic. It looks good here. When I started reading your list in this post, I thought oh my... one day? Then I looked back and saw that you had given yourself a week. Phew! Is that an Elizabeth George book you're reading? Am intrigued by your zone cleaning and tidying. I'm following you know through bloglovin so I won't miss anything, and will definitively check out your Christmas blog. Blessings ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Abby!

    Your scripture graphic does indeed look very good here. It is so beautiful, it would look good anywhere! Absolutely gorgeous.

    Yes, these are goals for a week, but as you see, I very seldom accomplish all of them. I just know I have to aim at something if I'm to accomplish *anything*!

    For the zone cleaning, I do try and use FlyLady's zone of the week. Lots of times I fail miserably at that, but other weeks I get a lot done in a zone. It's been the only thing that really continues to work for me. I do need to do much more of the decluttering aspect of FlyLady's system.

    Yes, that is an Elizabeth George book I'm reading. I love her books and have studied through many of them with my ladies' Sunday School class. I appreciate how she sticks with what the Bible says and interjects very little of her own opinions -- although she does (and I appreciate this) use many personal examples from her own life.

    Hope you enjoy the Christmas blog as well. I have a lot of fun in my Christmas kitchen and will be glad of your company there!

    Blessings to you too!
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.