Thursday, September 05, 2013

Asian Corn & Edamame Salad


Last week I was looking for a quick and easy salad that could be made ahead for our church potluck on Sunday.  Since I needed to prepare the salad on Friday afternoon (we were gone all day Saturday), I wanted something that would keep well in the refrigerator.  This salad, which I found in a back issue of Country Woman magazine, filled the bill perfectly: Asian Corn and Edamame Salad.  I changed the name a bit; in the magazine it was called Asian Corn Succotash, and to me succotash is a side dish served hot with cream or butter, not a side salad served cold.

My granddaughters (10 and 12) actually chopped the red peppers for this, made the dressing,  and put the salad together.  It was very easy to make.  I used canned whole kernel corn -- the crisp and sweet variety in the store brand, which I find to be excellent (it does not contain sugar;  it's just the name of the corn variety) -- and I also used the steam-in-bag frozen edamame (also the store brand) which made it even easier.  I skipped the red onion and just added a bit of dried minced onion to the dressing.

The salad turned out delicious and it was very pretty and unusual.  I will definitely make this again!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:01 PM

    Mrs T, it is such a pretty salad! And looks delicious too. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome, Mrs. R! Hope you enjoy this recipe if you try it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.