Monday, January 12, 2015

January goals

This beautiful collage was put together by Abby at Little Birdie Blessings
Time to set some January goals:
* Follow Bible reading plan each day.
* Finish questions for You Are Loved summer Bible study  -- I've already finished the daily Bible study, just need to finish answering the questions
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones.
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook
* Keep up with my Sunday School study -- The Heart of a Woman Who Prays
* Start new study for Sunday School
* Re-read Say Goodbye to Survival Mode; begin to implement what I learn
* Exercise or walk at least 20 times.
* Get to bed by 9:45 pm each night.
* Limit sugar.
* Drink enough water each day.
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week.
* Take down Christmas decor and decorate for winter
* Post in both of my blogs as often as possible
* Reduce grocery bill by $5 per week consistently
* Spend several hours updating my A-store.
* Plan a January getaway with my hubby
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal
*  Continue trying to help and encourage my elderly dad
* Sort out and declutter my dad's attic
* Transfer important items to new computer
* Finish typing some family history for my mother-in-law

JANUARY'S HEALTHY HABIT:  Nurture creativity

WORD FOR 2015: RENEWAL

And here is how December went:
* Read through the December portion of the One-Year Devotional Bible -- DONE!
* Finish questions for You Are Loved summer Bible study  -- I've already finished the daily Bible study, just need to finish answering the questions -- not finished, though I did work on them
* Complete an Advent study: The Road to Christmas  -- DONE!
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones -- DONE!
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook -- DONE!
* Keep up with my Sunday School study -- The Heart of a Woman Who Prays -- DONE!
* Exercise or walk at least 20 times -- not done
* Get to bed by 9:45 pm each night -- not done
* Limit sugar -- not done
* Drink enough water each day -- not done consistently
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week -- not done consistently
* Attend Christmas events at church -- DONE!
* Do some special Christmas activities with grandchildren -- DONE!
* Take down fall decor and decorate for Christmas -- DONE!
* Attend a Christmas party for Mr. T's work -- DONE!
* Post in both of my blogs every day if possible -- DONE!
* Reduce grocery bill by $5 per week consistently -- not done
* Spend several hours updating my A-store -- not done
* Finish 2 handcrafted Christmas gifts -- DONE!
* Purchase remaining gifts -- DONE!
* Plan a getaway with my hubby -- DONE!
* Wrap Christmas gifts -- DONE!
* Mail Christmas gifts to faraway friends and family -- DONE!
* Send Christmas cards -- DONE!
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family -- DONE!
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal -- DONE!
* Plan and begin my Christmas baking -- DONE!
* Plan for and carry out plans for Christmas Eve and Christmas dinner -- DONE!
*  Continue trying to help and encourage my elderly dad -- DONE!
* Sort out and declutter my dad's attic -- not done
* Transfer important items to new computer -- not done
* Finish typing some family history for my mother-in-law -- partially done

DECEMBER'S HEALTHY HABITS:  Walking/nurture creativity -- Did some of this; not as much walking as I'd have liked, though

WORD FOR 2014: BALANCE  -- in general I did okay with this through the year and especially in December, but it still needs work!

2 comments:

  1. Super impressed by all the "DONE" items in December! Good luck with January!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laura! We will see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.