Thursday, December 01, 2016

December 1

Taken in my dad's back yard this morning.
 It really doesn't seem like December when we look at the outdoors.  We have had a lot of rain over the past couple of days.  Tuesday was a rainy day; Wednesday was not, but last night and early this morning we got a great deal of rain.  My dad's back yard adjoins a field with a brook running through it, but when we get lots of rain the field has a tendency to flood.  That is what you see here.

Once the rain ended this morning I was able to go for a nice long walk with a friend.  The temp was in the 40s!  I took the pics with my Kindle upon returning.
Another view
This one shows the bittersweet bush and stone wall
As does this one
A closer look at the bittersweet bush in December
If you look closely (or click to enlarge) you may also see the water droplets on some of the berries.
I hope to be here at my kitchen table each day through December, but we will see.  I'm definitely planning to be over at my Christmas blog, Mrs. T's Christmas Kitchen, each day, so we will see if I can come up with enough Christmasy material to post in both blogs!

Meanwhile, the weather is a reliable subject for today.

And, now that the calendar has turned to December, this is a lovely time to begin an Advent Bible study or Bible reading challenge.  I will be doing this and find it a wonderful way to deepen my appreciation of Christmas.  Perhaps later this evening I can add some links to this post.

2 comments:

  1. I am not unhappy with what I am seeing outside my windows either or the mild weather that saves so much on heating costs. I am going straight over to your other blog to see what's happening. Abby at Little Birdie Blessings has a great Advent calendar for this Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's great having the weather so mild. Nearly 50º here right now. We just got back from the southern part of the state and it was beautifully sunny. Cloudy here, and looks like more rain.

    Yes, I will plan to link to Abby's Advent calendar. I enjoyed it so much last year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.