Friday, November 30, 2018

Friday five for November 30


Friday is fast slipping away -- just like November -- but I will persevere and post my Friday five.  This has been one of those days when I feel as if I am literally running in circles around my house trying to accomplish several different, important tasks.  This blog post is one of them, though not the top priority.  So here goes.  The adorable image above, by the way, is from The Graphics Fairy.

1.  Lunch with good friends after church on Sunday.  So good to catch up with them over a meal at our table!  As mentioned and linked in Monday's post, this is what we ate:

2.  Electricity restored on Tuesday after a 13-hour outage.  In light of all the hurricane damage (not to mention normal living conditions in much of the world), I know I sound like a wimp (and I feel like one, too), but there is only so much of what's on my plate right now that can be done without lights, electricity, water, and internet.  Working on my Etsy shop, A New Hampshire Attic, is part of that.  The image below is a recently listed vintage Christmas card in my shop.


3.  Having time to go through my Christmas fabric stash and wash the new fabrics in it, in preparation for sewing, perhaps, a few more simple gifts.  We will see, but it made me happy to see what I had, prepare it for use,  and think about ways in which to use it.
Photo for illustration purposes only -- I don't own these, but I wish I did!
4.  The simple joy I find in creating.  I had sewed several easy projects as gifts for my faraway grandchildren. For the last one, I had my doubts about the fabrics I had chosen.  I was so thrilled, as I sewed this project on Wednesday afternoon, to see it come together beautifully.  Far better than I expected.  I just felt so contented and joyful as I sewed on this simple gift.  I need to find time to sew more often.
These are some handmade gifts from a previous Christmas.
5.  Figuring out a simple way to have December Daily here on my blog this year.  Come on back tomorrow for a visit!  For more fun, click "December Daily" in the label cloud at right to see more December posts from the archives.

Speaking of which, if you have never visited my Christmas blog, Mrs. T’s Christmas Kitchen, do come over and visit tomorrow. 

I love spending time in my Christmas kitchen, and Lord willing, I plan to be there every day in December.  Come on over!



2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to laugh aloud, but I did when you described running around in circles. I did the same and literally became dizzy. Hope that you maintained your equilibrium. To be without electricity for that long would be a real pain; I wouldn't like it at all. Years ago, I used to embroider pillowcases and some of the things I most love from my mother are a set that she made for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice Friday Five list!! Your dinner looks delicious! Vintage, especially during the holidays, brings so many memories out!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.