Saturday, February 02, 2019

February goals


It's a new month!  Yes, 1/12 of 2019 is now history, so here are my goals for February:


* Do a February Scripture writing challenge
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones
* Read the February chapters in the Daily Walk Bible
* Continue our discipleship study with new believers
* Continue study for Sunday School -- A Woman Who Reflects the Heart of Jesus
* Get to bed by 9 pm each night  
* Limit sugar
* Drink enough water each day
 * Walk and/or exercise each day
* Keep up with Flylady's homemaking zones of the week (with some help from Clean Mama)
* Do something creative each day
* Post in this blog as often as possible
* Post in my Christmas blog as often as possible
* Continue planning for family birthday gifts and crafting any handmade ones
* Continue stocking my Etsy shop and continue selling vintage items
* Do Etsy and trust bookkeeping
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able
* Continue to encourage and support my hubby as he works through a pastoral search for our church
* Clean church and set up for fellowship time
* Continue to sort out and declutter my dad's house, hopefully taking many loads to the dump and thrift store and consolidating the remaining items yet to dispose of;  work on estate
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating

FEBRUARY'S HEALTHY HABITS:  Drink enough water/exercise/eat healthfully/get enough sleep
WORD FOR 2019: Courage
 
And here is how January went:
 
* Do a January Scripture writing challenge (the names of God) -- done!
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones (I've been working on a four-verse passage, but now I can say it's -- done!)
* Read the January chapters in the Daily Walk Bible -- done!
* Set goals for the coming year -- done!
* Blog about my word for the year -- done!
* Evaluate the year just past -- done!
* Continue our discipleship study with new believers -- done!
* Continue study for Sunday School -- A Woman Who Reflects the Heart of Jesus -- done!
* Get to bed by 9 pm each night   -- not done consistently
* Limit sugar -- did okay with this
* Drink enough water each day -- not done consistently
 * Walk and/or exercise each day -- not every day, but I did do a lot of walking in January!
* Take the Clutter Challenge with Clean Mama -- done! (although I must admit not everything on the challenge got accomplished, I'm calling this done because I did spend good time on it each week)
* Keep up with Flylady's homemaking zones of the week -- not done consistently
* Do something creative each day -- done!
* Post in this blog as often as possible -- done!
* Post in my Christmas blog as often as possible -- done!
* Continue planning for family birthday gifts and crafting any handmade ones -- much planning has been -- done!
* Continue stocking my Etsy shop and continue selling vintage items -- done!
* Do Etsy and trust bookkeeping -- did a lot of work on inputting the Etsy information.
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family -- done! (but there are always more people I want to contact!)
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able -- done! (but it's never as much as I would like)
* Continue to encourage and support my hubby as he works through a pastoral search for our church -- done! (and I wish the search was...)
* Clean church and set up for fellowship time -- done!
* Sort out and declutter my dad's house, hopefully taking many loads to the dump and thrift store and consolidating the remaining items yet to dispose of;  work on estate -- done!  (but there's still a long way to go)
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating -- done!

JANUARY'S HEALTHY HABITS:  Drink enough water/exercise/eat healthfully/get enough sleep
WORD FOR 2019: Courage

2 comments:

  1. Well I had never heard of Clean Mama so I had to go and check that out. I am such a fan of cleaning methods. Not so much of the KonMari method where one tears everything apart and then puts it back together. No way do I want to be walking around the pile of stuff for weeks. I did that last spring with the utility closet. Never again. One shelf at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So what did you think? Personally, I feel as if Clean Mama routines seem quite practical and doable -- at least for me. It dovetails with Flylady a bit. I'm with you, I would much rather clean and declutter as I go, rather than pull everything out and put it together again. (Although, I have to admit I did just that this morning with our fridge-top freezer. Periodically we have issues where its drain holes clog with ice and then water ends up in the fridge. Mr. T just tore it apart and removed the ice, so we had everything out of the freezer. I naturally purged the stuff as I returned things to the freezer afterward.)

      I'm not really even interested in checking out the KonMari method even though many are enamored of it... You are right. One shelf at a time.

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.