Friday, February 25, 2022

Friday five

 

Some of the nearby fields flooded and looked just like this before today's snow.

 Just popping in with a quick Friday five on a snowy day...  I don't have time today to come up with new photos, so I'll just use some winter photos from previous years.  Here goes with some recent blessings:

1.   Packing up a few things for the thrift store.  Vintage sheets (muslin, pink -- no, not pretty flowers 😏), flour sack material, cookbooks I'll never use again ... it's good to send them off to potential new owners who may appreciate them.

2.  Getting to have our young friends Sam and Jennifer and their boys over for lunch on Sunday.  What a treat to spend time with these dear younger believers who are like family to us!

3.  Finally getting our last trust property on the real estate market.  Praying it sells soon!  It will be huge to have that off my plate.

4.  Getting to spend Presidents' Day with our dear friends Syd and Cyndy.  The entire day ... they came for breakfast and we played Scrabble, the dictionary game, went for a long walk downtown and enjoyed an early snack-type supper together at home to finish things off.  Just a lovely, uplifting day of fellowship.

5.  Trying a new muffin recipe to post about on my Christmas blog.  I want to try one new muffin recipe each month with an eye to kitchen gifts for 2022.  For this one, I had to wait until we were off the sugar fast.  Chocolate chip gingerbread muffins ... scrumptious!


There you have it ... five simple blessings.  It seems a bit frivolous to post about such things while those in Ukraine are facing such hard times right now.  I'm praying for them and trust that many of you are also.

3 comments:

  1. It has felt frivolous to post any year, any month I have posted, as if blogging is a luxury I do not deserve. I think, however, that it is just the opposite. We need to carry on. Your readers definitely appreciate it—I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I know how you feel about writing happy things while so many are suffering right now. But like Vee said above, "We need to carry on." Yes, we need more positive stories to lift our hearts in the midst of the sorrows of this world. And yes, we should all be praying for this situation in Ukraine as it is affecting many of our brothers and sisters in Christ...as well as it is affecting the economy of our own country. Our country needs prayer just as much. But I love that you spent time with your young Christian friends, encouraging them in their faith, and then also with your other dear friends...a whole day to eat, play scrabble and walk about together...true fellowship. We need to enjoy that while we can. Our own freedoms are at stake. Thank you for this uplifting post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate chips and ginger sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.