Wednesday, February 02, 2022

Groundhog Day Hodgepodge

 

 So it's Wednesday again, and time for the Hodgepodge at From This Side of the Pond, where Joyce asks the questions and bloggers provide the answers.  Here goes!

1. The Wednesday Hodgepodge landing on Groundhog's Day sounds about right. Besides the Hodgepodge what else lands on your calendar just once a week? Is it as much fun as the Hodgepodge-ha!? 

Hmmm ...  I was going to say grocery shopping, but sometimes that happens more often than once a week.  And no, it isn't as much fun as the Hodgepodge!

Mid-week Wednesday prayer service happens once a week and so does Sunday worship.  Both of these are truly enjoyable times with other believers.  

2. The Winter Olympics begin on Friday, surrounded by much controversy. Will you be watching? Why or why not? Have you ever been to China?

I've always liked the Winter Olympics and enjoy watching the various events some years.  I'm not planning to watch this one; we don't have TV and I'm not likely to go to the trouble to watch it on the computer.  With China's ongoing horrific human rights abuses I don't think the Olympics should be held there at all.  And I'm more than a bit concerned about the safety of our athletes.  No, I've never been to China. 

3. Something in your life lately that has felt a bit like an 'olympic event'? 

Let's see.  Trying to get first, my sciatica and now, my knee issues resolved so that I feel predictably good and ready to go out and walk on a daily basis as weather permits.  It's getting there, but it seems like quite a training regimen.

4. Do you like fondue? Sweet or savory? Restaurant only or do you own your own fondue set?

It's been a long time since I've had fondue.  I think I may have only had the savory kind -- steak, if I remember right, and maybe cheese fondue as well.  It was at someone's home, not a restaurant.  But no, we don't own a fondue set.   I snagged the photo from Pixabay.

5. Give us five short (2-3 word) phrases to sum up your January. 

Pretty sunrises
Chiropractor visits
Walking in Walmart
Friend's memorial service
Fasting from sugar


6. Insert your own random thought here. 

My hubby and I have been mesmerized following the  progress of Freedom Convoy 2022 in Canada as they made their way to Ottawa.  Hundreds of people cheering and waving Canadian flags from bridges and overpasses; people lining the sides of the road with gifts of food and water for the truckers.  Many are moved to tears, as this is the first glimmer of hope they've seen in two years.  It's been truly impressive to see Canadians coming together in support of one another and the cause of freedom.  


 And there's the Hodgepodge for this week!  Why not head on over to From This Side of the Pond and snag the questions to answer on your own blog?

7 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your answers. Hope you have a great day today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can commiserate with you and your hubby on removing sugar. We have done the same even though neither of us were big dessert eaters to begin with. We are neither eating carbs. It has not been a difficult thing and we are feeling so much better. Yes to the truckers and how wonderful to get the people's support. I've heard it threatened here but can't see it happening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hope is that many other countries will have a similar march. I have heard that Australia may. It is a thrill to see and brings tears to the eyes. Feel similarly about the Olympics. It is not what it has been in former years. The entire transgender issue has changed sports for the time being.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sciatic nerve issues are the worst! Here's hoping you find relief.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, fondue! I used to have a fondue set back when we were a young married couple. We had a fun experience with an older couple who invited us to their house for a fondue supper, and we sat on the floor in their living room around a big coffee table and cooked our food in their fondue pot. I think it was steak, but I don't remember what else. It was so much fun that we went out and bought our own, but I don't recall ever having that much fun with it again! LOL. When the babies started coming along it didn't seem like a safe thing to do over a little sterno burner. Oh, I agree with you re: The Olympics/China, etc., and also how wonderful the truckers in Canada are taking a stand and making their voices heard. I do wish our country could stand up and be strong against the tyranny of our current government. Praying for our nation all the time. I do hope your sciatica and knee issues will go away and stay away. I am seeing an orthopedic dr. tomorrow regarding my frozen shoulder. I'm hoping he will give me a shot to relieve the pain so I can move it more freely and hopefully help it to get well. We shall see. I know I DON'T want surgery! Hope you are safe and warm and enjoying this week. God bless you my NH friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on being encouraged about the truck freedom convoy in Canada. Why does the IOC pick countries like China for the Olympics? Ugh. I hope you heal well and soon and can start walking again. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your answers. I hope you're feeling better...ugh, I hate back, joint, etc issues. I love going to the chiropractor and am way past due. I have to admit I'm being on the news so wasn't sure how to answer the Olympics question. I'm also so sorry you lost a friend. That is so hard.

    I have been fascinated too by the convoy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.