Sunday, May 01, 2022

Sunday Scripture

 

Here's my final Sunday Scripture post featuring Ephesians.  I'm going to wrap it up with this one.  As previously mentioned, the study I've been working on is the Ephesians Bible study from Good Morning Girls.   For today's lesson, we were to look at Ephesians 6:10-20, but I chose to write out verses 10-13.  Here we go:

S= "Finally, brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might.  Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
"Wherefore, take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand."  (Ephesians 6:10-13)

O=  In the Scofield Study Bible, C.I.Scofield titles this section "The warfare of spirit-filled believers."  Verse 10 is titled "The warrior's power"; verse 11 "The warrior's armor"; verses 12-17 "The warrior's foes".  Verses 14-17 describe the various pieces of the warrior's armor: belt, breastplate, shoes, shield, helmet and sword.  Verses 18-20 describe prayer and are titled "The warrior's resource".  

A=  This is such an informative, instructive passage!  In light of all that Jesus has done for us, and the way He wants us to conduct ourselves, there is a call to be strong in the Lord and face our spiritual battles clad in His armor.  In addition, we are to surround ourselves with prayer.  Although prayer is not technically part of the armor, I've heard it described as "the atmosphere in which the Christian soldier must live and breathe".  So true!  We cannot fight any spiritual battle without prayer.

P= "Lord, I do thank and praise You so much for the wonderful encouragement in this passage.  That exhortation to be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might ... just what my 'battle weary' heart needs right now.  I pray that You will help me to have every piece of the armor firmly in place, and to bathe my spiritual battles in prayer.  I thank You for all You will do, in Jesus' name, Amen."

And that finishes up my series from my Ephesians Bible study.  I hope this has encouraged others as much as it has encouraged me!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:06 AM

    Amen. Thank you for sharing the Gospel. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh is it over so soon? I have enjoyed your look at Ephesians. I used to describe it as my favorite book of the Bible. These days, I don't have a favorite. They're all good. Your point about prayer is well taken. How would we even begin to "put on" God's armor without prayer?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.