Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Late again!

 

 Late again to the Hodgepodge...  Again this week, we've been out of town for a few days, but I'm still  going to jump in and answer these questions from Joyce at From This Side of the Pond.   They look like especially good ones this week.  Here goes!

1. What does the word values mean to you personally? Where did your values come from? What are some of the values that have guided you throughout your life? 

Here's the definition from my computer's dictionary:


I think that some of my values came from my parents: patriotism, loving God; loving one's neighbor; kindness, generosity -- and these have guided me through life.  As a believer in Christ, more of my values come from God's Word, the Bible -- I seek to live my life in a way that is pleasing to Him.  As I look to Him,  He gives the necessary guidance for the large and small issues of life.

Graphic from Baptist Bible Hour

2. Your favorite vanilla flavored something? 

I guess probably homemade vanilla ice cream. 

3. What's something you've seen/done recently that you found to be very difficult, very confusing, very helpful, very interesting, or very special. Elaborate. 

Hmmm ....  I volunteered for a computer task that at first seemed very confusing.  I persevered and figured it out, however, and got it done.  The people I was doing this for found it very helpful.  And I was reminded again that ...

4. Something you own and love that is violet in color? 

I own very few things that color.  I did have a purple chenille sweater that I loved, but it fell apart long ago.  I have a faded purple shirt that I also like a lot, but it probably isn't going to last much longer either.  The wildflowers seen below are much more reliable.


5. Do you have vacation plans on the calendar this summer? Tell us more. 

Not sure that we will go anywhere on vacation, though now that Amtrak has lifted their mask rule, we just might.   But our daughter and family from out West plan to come here this summer.  My daughter and some of the kids came for a brief visit in 2019, but our son-in-law hasn't been here since 2012.  The younger two children have never been to New Hampshire.  The photo below is from that 2019 visit, when we hiked around a nearby bog, and many of the hikers (my daughter included) decided to wear stuffed animals on the walk.  It will be fun to have them here this summer, even if only for a couple of weeks.


6. Insert your own random thought here.  

 These pretty flowers are blooming outside the place we were staying earlier this week while volunteering at a Christian camp to help get it ready for the summer.


  And that wraps up the Hodgepodge for this week!  Why not head on over to From This Side of the Pond and snag the questions to answer on your own blog?


5 comments:

  1. You have such a pretty blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it will be great fun having your daughter and her family visiting this summer. Your parents were the kind everyone should have...the ones who introduce their children to God and country and family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you that your family will be coming this summer, and especially that there are a couple who have never been to your home before! what a treat to see how they react to being in Grandma and Grandpa's home for the first time! I love that your family did a hike around a bog before...did you happen to see any moose? That would be exciting for the kids! I enjoyed your post as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will be a fantastic summer!! I will be looking forward to you sharing your family with us here on the blog. :-)
    I like purple flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That will be a fantastic summer!! I will be looking forward to you sharing your family with us on the blog.
    I like purple flowers too. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.