Sunday, April 10, 2022

Sunday Scripture

 

 Yes, it's Sunday, so it's time for another Sunday Scripture post!    As I've mentioned, I worked on a Bible study of Ephesians for the month of January 2022 and used that study to write some Sunday Scripture posts for the remainder of the winter.    I posted these through the end of March and still have a few more to share, so I'm going to continue for awhile, making some springier graphics to use with them.

The study I've been working on is the Ephesians Bible study from Good Morning Girls.  For the Scripture Sundays, I'll just select some of the verses I have worked on and share how I used the SOAP method of Bible study.  For today's lesson, we were to look at Ephesians 5:1-14, but I chose to write out and SOAP verses 8-11, though I will likely allude to some of the other verses.  Here we go:

S=  "For ye were once darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light.
"(For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)
"Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but, rather, reprove them."  (Ephesians 5:8-11)

O=  In the Scofield study Bible, C.I. Scofield has titled Ephesians 5:1-17 as "The walk of the believer as God's dear child."  Verse 1 tells us to be "followers of God, as dear children" and verse 2 instructs us to "walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us".  Verses 3 through 7 instruct the believer concerning sins that were a part of the old life.  Verses 8-14 instruct us to "walk as children of light" and to "have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness but, rather, reprove them."

A= Does my walk as a believer line up with my privileged position as God's dear child?  I'm to walk in love;  I'm to put old sins behind me and leave them in the past where they belong.  I'm to walk as a child of light, exhibiting the fruit of the Spirit "in all goodness and righteousness and truth".  My life is to be a light that exposes and reproves the darkness of this world.

P= "Lord, I pray that You will help me to walk every day in a way that pleases You.  Help me to walk in love, as Your dear child, and to put old sins away from me and leave them in the past.  Help me to walk as a child of light, exhibiting the fruit of the Spirit in all goodness, all righteousness, and all truth.  I pray that You would bring me across the path of those who are ready to receive Your light.  Help me to shine brightly for You!  In Jesus' name, Amen."

What a blessing and challenge these verses were to me today!  I pray that they encouraged you, also.

2 comments:

  1. The Lord's timing...I am listening to a sermon right now on this Scripture. I did a double take as I began reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful verses and observation and application. I pray the same thing...May my life be a light to others who are still walking in darkness and need the Light of Christ to lead them in the right path. Amen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.