Sunday, April 24, 2022

Sunday Scripture

 

Time for another Sunday Scripture post!    As mentioned previously, I worked on a Bible study of Ephesians for the month of January 2022 and used that study to write some Sunday Scripture posts for the remainder of the winter.    I posted these through the end of March and still have a few more to share, so I'm going to continue for awhile, making some springier graphics to use with them.

The study I've been working on is the Ephesians Bible study from Good Morning Girls.   For today's lesson, we were to look at Ephesians 5:15-20, but I chose to write out and SOAP verses 15-17.  Here we go:

S= "See, then, that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise,
"Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
"Wherefore, be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is."  (Ephesians 5:15-17)

O=  These verses are still part of the section titled by Scofield (in the Scofield Study Bible) "The walk of the believer as God's dear child."  Verses 18-20 are part of a section titled "The inner life of the Spirit-filled believer."   

I've heard it said that walking circumspectly means "looking all around" to watch carefully where we are going.  We are to walk carefully and use our time wisely because of the evil day in which we live, seeking God's wisdom and His will for every day of our lives.  If we read on in this chapter, we see that we are to be filled with the Spirit, giving thanks always to God for all things.

A= As I've passed the biblical milestone of "threescore years and ten" (Psalm 90:10), I've become much more conscious of trying to use my time wisely -- and also more conscious of the importance of walking circumspectly.  I have truly sought God's will and wisdom daily.  Yet there are always things waiting to trip me up and cause me to veer off course.  I need to pay attention to walking in the Spirit.  I know it would also help if I would read a Proverb every day and immerse myself in the wisdom found there.

P= "Lord, I thank You that You know our hearts.  Over the course of my Christian life, I have seen You help me, seen You give me wisdom and strength as I have sought to walk wisely and circumspectly.  And yet You know that there have been many times when even then I've felt unwise, unsure if I'm walking in the right direction.  I thank You for the guidance and reassurance You have given at those times.  I pray that You will help me to continue walking wisely, today and every day.  I thank You for all You will do, in Jesus' name, Amen."

That's our simple study for today.  Walk wisely, everyone!


 

2 comments:

  1. So true. There have been many times in my life when I thought that the days were evil, but nothing like they are now. If anyone does not recognize this, I don't know what to say about their wisdom and discernment. Interesting that we are to be looking all around. I like the Scripture Isaiah 30:21.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Yes, Isaiah 30:21 is a good verse! God faithfully guides us as we seek to be sensitive to His Word and leading.

    You are so right, the days are more evil than any we have yet seen. So thankful for God's guidance and protection!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.