Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Travelin' On with the Hodgepodge

 

Once again, I'm writing a Hodgepodge post and linking up with Joyce at From This Side of the Pond.   Recall, this is the linkup where Joyce asks the questions and bloggers provide the answers on their own blogs.  This week's questions are all about travel.  Here goes!

 1. Last time you drove more than 100 miles from your home? Where did you go? 

Oh, let me think!   It's been awhile.  It may have been March, when we traveled to a church just over the Massachusetts border for a TWNE event.

I made these play mats for our grandkids years ago.  The two look alike, but there are subtle differences.

2. Something that drives you batty? 

Waiting at a red light and when the light turns green, the line doesn't move because the first driver in line is still looking at, or typing on, their phone.

And if I had it to do over, I would not use hot glue.  They looked so nice, but the glue didn't hold up well.

3. Do you feel like you're 'on track'? For what? 

In many ways I don't feel on "on track", but one thing I am staying on track with is  The 100-for-100 Writing Challenge I'm taking part in with two of my granddaughters, Emily and Julia.

4. Your favorite car snack(s)? 

It's not a real road trip without Dunkin' Donuts.  That said, it's been awhile since we purchased any. 

5. Something you've done recently 'on the fly'? 

Housework, laundry, computer tasks, or anything at home. We are staying at our little camp a lot where it's peaceful and cooler, but there's no internet or running water so tasks involving those must of necessity be done at home.  On the fly between one place and another.  Kind of like being suspended in midair on the tramway.

Cannon Mountain tramway, 1980s or 1990s

Cannon Mountain Tramway 1940s

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Where, oh where, has July gone?  The month is 2/3 over already!  We recently learned that our Nevada family plans to visit in early September.  LOTS to do between now and then!  This photo of NH's Cog Railway reminds me of this: all uphill, and I'd better put on the steam.



10 comments:

  1. Duncan Donuts...yum! It's been a long time since I've had one though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you're staying on track with your writing challenge.

    People using their phones while driving, annoys me too. I mean, if I understand it correctly, it's not illegal per se here to look briefly at your phone when standing at a red light, but it is definitely irritating to hold up the line when the light turns green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I could get away with eating a powdered donut in the car. That would make my hubs twitch lol. People on their phones while driving-grrr!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun to anticipate a visit from family that gets you going! Love those mats you made your grandkids. YES to your #2...wake up people! :)
    Hope the rest of your week and weekend go well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your answers. Those play mats are awesome. I don't like that either when waiting at lights.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your answers...and then the grand finale, the picture of the Cog Railway on Mt. Washington! I'm proud to say I've been there and done that...went up the Cog on a hot summer day and we about froze to death when we got to the summit. We also got stuck midway up the slope while the train engine had to be switched with the one coming down the slope, as ours was having problems and they didn't think it could make it all the way to the top and back down. That was rather uncomfortable for those in our party who were a bit nervous already about the heights...and to sit there on the spur on an angle with the world below us straight down, well anyway, it was an experience. We also made the trip up on the road on the other side of the mountain, in one of the vans. That was a bit nerve wracking too. But well worth the trip both times. I love Mt. Washington and everything about it. Oh, glad you are enjoying the camp so much this summer. The no running water would be a challenge for sure...but did you say you have a compost toilet? Or an outhouse? That would be the only real issue for me...LOL. Gotta have one or the other... Well, carry on and enjoy the rest of your week. This was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. September is going to be a happy month. Really, where HAS July gone! Days fly whether I'm having a good time or not. Glad that you are enjoying happy times at the camp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:43 PM

    Enjoyed your comments. Been on that train but could not sit next to the window. Haven’t had the donuts in a long time as it means a good hour one way to the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:46 PM

    Enjoy your family time in September. Been a passenger on that train but no way could I sit by the window.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I took a detour onto GoTeenWriters.com website to read just one challenge in the 100 for 100 Writing Challenge, and was hooked (for the moment). Just one post had a lot of great suggestions for writing. I think I need me some of that. :) I hope you can pace yourselves getting ready for family to visit in September. A lot of fun to look forward to, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.