Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Hodgepodge to the 5th power

 

Wednesday again and I am sneaking in late to the Hodgepodge.  Recall, this is the linkup where Joyce, at  From This Side of the Pond, asks the questions and bloggers provide the answers on their own blogs.  This week's questions are all about the number 5.  Here goes!

1. According to author Gary Chapman there are five love languages-words of affirmation, quality time, physical touch, acts of service, and receiving gifts. Which one is yours? 

I'm going to say quality time. One thing I am loving about having a little cottage next door to one daughter and her family is getting to see her, her hubby, and four grands more often.  They intentionally make time to come through the woods or down the dirt road to see us, and it's wonderful.  Photo is from 2020.  Both boys and camp look much different now.


2. What are five foods you eat every day? 

Wow, I'm not sure if there are five specific foods that I eat every day.  Possibly bread in some form -- a wrap or bagel maybe -- but not always, I don't think.  Coffee, for sure, and water -- but those are beverages, not foods.  I don't eat meat or eggs every day.  Maybe cheese?  Some type of fruit or veggies, yes, but I can't name specific ones that I eat every day.

3. Five places you'd love to visit?

Scotland.
The Canadian Rockies.
Alaska.
The Oregon coast.
Any number of national parks.


4. Something you've done recently that deserved a 'high five'?

 Hmmm ... gone for walks even when I didn't feel like it.  Humidity is not my friend and neither is the sun these days.  Doesn't the iced tea below look so refreshing?


5.  Give us five 5-letter words that describe your July. 

Resisting the urge to cheat and write "hot" or "sweltering" five times, I'll say:

Humid
Sweet
Sunny
Wordy
Music

A little explanation is in order for several of these, I know. "Sweet" refers to the frequent visits to seasonal ice cream places.  "Wordy" points to the fact that I am doing a writing challenge and also posting daily for Christmas in July at my Christmas blog.  I used "Music" although "musical" would sound better, because I need to stick with five-letter words.  We've been to several events this July where granddaughter Julia was playing music, and it's been so much fun.

6. Insert your own random thought here.  

Vintage ads were the best.   The ones below just say "summertime"!

 


And that wraps up the Hodgepodge for this week!  Why not head on over to From This Side of the Pond and snag the questions to answer on your own blog? 

7 comments:

  1. Ugh I hate humidity too. It's the worst! Good for you for still getting out there and walking! And how cool that you live near one of your daughters and her family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to have family as neighbors! I would love that! I just had a big glass of iced tea. I make it and keep it in the frig all summer long. It is so humid here right now. Have a great day! Good for you for walking. I've been using the humidity as an excuse but I need to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...ice cream in the summer is THE BEST, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that does sound nice to have a cabin close to your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:20 PM

    I live in Alabama and it is HUMID here, too! That ice cream looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved all the vintage ads! It must be fabulous to have the camp so close to home where fellowship, fun, and food go together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your answers and all your photos. The Oregon Coast is so pretty. We live on the border of Washington and Oregon and spend a lot of time on the coast.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.