From This Side of the Pond. Recall, this is the linkup where Joyce asks the questions and bloggers provide the answers on their own blogs. Here goes ...
1. July 6th is National Fried Chicken Day...are you a fan? Do you make your own or have a favorite place to buy from? Do you own chickens? If not chicken what's your favorite fried food?
I'm not a big fan of fried chicken. We don't own chickens but our daughter and family do. My favorite fried food would be haddock, scallops or shrimp from a local seafood place.
2. What's something you're too chicken to try?
Many things. To pick one, let's say city driving.
3. When did you last find yourself running around like a 'chicken with its head cut off'?
Last Friday, getting ready to leave for a beach day with my daughter and her kids. The photo below is from years ago, but it's the same beach although the kids are much older now.
4. Something you've done recently that makes you think 'I'm no spring chicken'?
Strawberry picking. I'm not as agile as I once was. We picked in the field below.
|Ari placing a handful of strawberries in the flat|
5. 'Winner winner chicken dinner'...tell us about something good that's happened in your life lately.
See #s 3 and 4 above. Fun with the grands.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
We had a great day on the 4th of July. My hubby took part in a parade in the morning, then we had friends over at our little camp for lunch. In the evening, a traditional annual picnic with church family and friends. I borrowed the photos below from my daughter's Instagram.
|Softball is always a favorite. Granddaughter Julia is at bat above.|
|Some of the crowd at the picnic|
|Our friends always outdo themselves with fireworks!|
That wraps up the Hodgepodge for this week! Why not head on over to From This Side of the Pond and snag the questions to answer on your own blog?