Wednesday, January 25, 2023

A bit of winter decor

 

Just a quick post to share some of my winter decor (and yes, a little bit of Christmas too).  Above is  a January display atop a bookcase.  Our friend Terry gave us the gorgeous lighted snow globe last year.  My friend Judy made the January garland for my birthday some years ago.  The pretty pitcher was a thrift store find this year.  Here's another look...

 

The pretty machine embroidered snowflake was a fun enclosure in a Christmas card this year.  I found the cardinal in a kitchen drawer at my childhood home and delight in displaying him when I can.


This picture makes this little sign look larger than it really is.  I haven't measured but it may be 4x6.  Not large.  But isn't it pretty?  A gift from my daughter last year.

This sign was a Dollar Tree find this Christmas.  As you can see we still have our Christmas decor up.  The tree will be coming down in the next few days, but the lighted houses will be coming out in its place.  Still need light and sparkle here!
 

Above, a closer look at that sign.  I like that except for the "fresh cut Christmas trees" this is just a winter sign.

My friend Cyndy brought me the snowman candle.  It's a vintage Gurley candle.  I like how he seems to be tipping his hat to the passing station wagon.
And just another look at the shelf the snowman is (or I should say was) on.  He's still on the shelf but I have changed out the plates.  Guess I will need to take another picture!  But not today.  Other tasks await!

4 comments:

  1. Very nice—it's just now feeling like Christmas with all the snow. I especially like the January garland with the letters on the mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy seeing some of your Christmas decor, Mrs. T. I love the plate with the tree atop a station wagon. I'm tidying up for guests tomorrow and I'm realizing I have some items hidden away in boxes somewhere. I'm picturing some items, but after a year of living in this house, and thinking I've gone through every box by now, I don't have a clue where to look for these things. FWIW, though, I still have never found my glass measuring cup that I used nearly every day. I figured it would show up once I bought a new one, but nope. In fact, every time we think of something we haven't seen since moving, we say, "It must be with the glass measuring cup!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fun to see your winter decor...love the wintry scenes even if they have a little bit of Christmas in them too. Who said we had to take it all down before the end of January? We make up our own rules for our houses when it comes to decor. Whatever makes you smile and bring joy to you, that's what matters. I am kind of in between decor, getting ready to put out some Valentine stuff maybe this weekend. Not a lot, but just some to celebrate the 'season' while it lasts, then it will come down and I will think about March and St. Patrick's day Green stuff, just because. Then it will be Easter decor, and so on and so on. Keeps things alive and interesting. (and the Dollar Tree in business! LOL). I enjoyed your post and pictures. Have a blessed rest of January and winter scenes. Do you have a LOT of snow?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.