Monday, April 03, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday

 


 Giving this a try today!  My friend Elisha motivated me to try participating in the Happy Homemaker Monday hosted by Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

The Weather:::

It started out very cold as it got down to 19º overnight.  Partly sunny now and around 54º.  We are planning to stay at our little camp tonight.


As I look outside my window:::

I still see lots of snow in the woods, mud in the driveway, bare trees: a few still with sap buckets.  Early spring is an ugly season here in New Hampshire.


Right now I am:::
 
Working on several computer tasks simultaneously.  Etsy listing; Sunday School lesson; this blog post.          
Thinking and pondering:::
 
On many things, including what God expects of us as His children and the ways we can bring glory to Him.

On my bedside table:::
 
Books, a pen, a vial of Deep Relief essential oil.     

 
On my tv this week::: 
 
We have a TV, but it's stored in a box upstairs and we bring it out only when we want to watch a movie.  However, our DVD player isn't working so it's been awhile since we watched one.

Listening to:::
 
Nothing right now.       

On the Breakfast plate:::
 
I do intermittent fasting so don't have breakfast.  But I had breakfast for lunch today: bacon, scrambled eggs, cubes of avocado.
  
On the dinner plate::: 
 
A "chicken cheesesteak" sub, shared with my husband.  An easy take-out item from a favorite spot, to take to our little camp.


On the menu for this week:::

I usually plan my menus from Thursday to Thursday, and grocery shop on Friday morning.  A few meals on my menu plan:

Egg roll in a bowl
Healthy burger salad bowl
Fish chowder
Chicken broccoli bake with artichokes

On my reading pile:::
 
Stories that Bind Us by Susie Finkbeiner
We Travel an Appointed Way by A.W. Tozer.


On my to do list today:::
 
Walk     
Eye appointment
Work on Sunday School lesson
Work on blog posts
List one or two books on Etsy.


Plans for this week:::
 
Menu plan and grocery list
Spend two nights at our little camp
Plan for Easter
Get together with friends for supper Tuesday
Celebrate our daughter's birthday with her and her family

What I am creating:::
 
Crochet hot mat
Fabric bookmark
January cross-stitch sampler

From the camera:::
  
 
This is from a hike my hubby took last week on his family's property.
 
Bible verse, Devotional, Quote:::

 I'm working through a study of Lamentations.  Zeroing in on these verses today: "For the LORD will not cast off forever: But though He cause grief, yet will He have compassion according to the multitude of His mercies.  For He doth not afflict willingly, nor grieve the children of men."  (Lamentations 3:31-33)

 

On my prayer list:::

Friends & Family
Missionaries

So there's my attempt at the Happy Homemaker Monday!

7 comments:

  1. Well done! That's a good one. Hope that you have a pleasant evening there. Overnight, too?

    Ahhh...Deep Relief..I find that stuff helpful, though costly.

    Happy Birthday to your girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vee!

      Yes, overnight too! We've been able to stay over several nights each in January, February, and March -- and now April!

      I learned about Deep Relief from you and it truly is helpful.

      I'll pass on your birthday wishes to my girl. Looking forward to the evening together.

      Delete
  2. You did a great job!! I don't participate in this particular meme, but perhaps I will try it one of these days. I tend to free-wheel my posts but will do the Tuesday 4 meme in memory of one of our blogging friends who started it. Your answers were interesting as always. I hope you get to stay at the camp and that it isn't too cold! I hope you will take some pictures there! I love seeing it in all seasons! Your menu plan sounds interesting. Not sure what an egg roll in a bowl is, so maybe you can share that one with us sometime. I love Fish Chowder, and rarely can find any that is good here in Florida like they have up in New England. I miss that. Does the Deep Relief Essential Oil really help? Is it for muscle aches? I may need to try it. I hope you are enjoying your week. Holy Week/Easter is so very special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is maybe going to turn out to be something I can participate in regularly without a great deal of effort. We will see.

      Vee told me about Deep Relief. It is quite costly but I found it does help my knee pain which I have from time to time. I don't think I would use it on muscle aches; arnica oil or even products like Absorbine, Icy Hot, etc. might be more helpful for those (and cheaper).

      Egg Roll in a Bowl is a pretty adaptable low carb main dish that really does taste like the insides of an egg roll. Ground pork stir-fried with garlic or garlic powder, ginger, sliced onions, peppers, and coleslaw mix until all is tender. Soy sauce to taste. I don't serve it in a bowl, but on salad size plates. We like it quite a lot and it is a nice quick meal to prepare and serve on Wednesday evenings before church.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely way to share your life Sarah! We do intermittent fasting too, it's definitely had a very positive impact on our health! So wonderful to have your little camp to get away to! The Bible study sounds wonderful, I love that scripture in Lamentations! May the Lord richly bless your Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I had done intermittent fasting before, but my hubby had not. We started in November and I really feel it has benefited us greatly healthwise.

    That really is an excellent Bible study. I highly recommend it! I chose it because I felt I wanted to understand Lamentations a lot better. And that is happening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm so glad you joined in this week. I recently did a Burger in a Bowl salad for the first time and it was a big hit with all my crew. I hope you and Mr. T have a very special Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.