Monday, April 10, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday

 

 
Trying again for another  Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.  As my friend Elisha, who inspired me to join in, commented: "With so much emphasis on what we do outside our homes it's always nice to see how others are managing the inside stuff of home and family."  I agree with that thought, though many times I don't feel I manage the inside stuff all that well.   We will see how I do!

The Weather:::

Gorgeous and sunny blue-sky day.  A really sunny week is predicted and we are hoping to spend some quality time at our little camp.  Now that the winter is pretty much past, we'll be hanging out the sign again:


As I look outside my window:::
 
I still see lots of snow in the woods, mud in the driveway, bare trees.  The sap buckets are down and stacked but yet to be washed.  As I mentioned last week, early spring is an ugly season here in New Hampshire.
 
Right now I am:::
 
Just back from a walk and thinking about what I need to accomplish with the rest of the day.   While on our walk we heard the distinctive call of a red-winged blackbird.

Thinking and pondering:::
 
On the topic "taking a bird's-eye view" as I prepare a devotional to share with a group of ladies in mid-May.


On my bedside table:::
 
Books, a pen, vial of Deep Relief essential oil.

On my tv this week:::
 

We have a TV, but it's stored in a box upstairs and we bring it out only when we want to watch a movie.  Our DVD player isn't working so it's been awhile since we watched one.  We did watch two episodes of The Andy Griffith Show at our daughter and son-in-law's home last evening.


Listening to:::
 
Nothing right now; I'm enjoying the quiet.

On the Breakfast plate:::
 
I do intermittent fasting so don't have breakfast.  Lunch is going to be a salad with cubes of cheese and roast beef.


On the dinner plate:::
 
 
Some sort of crockpot chicken dish with zucchini and red peppers.  Making it up as I go along.  Idid have a recipe published in the book below, but this chicken dish isn't it, since I'm inventing it today.

 

On the menu for this week:::
 

I usually plan my menus from Thursday to Thursday, and grocery shop on Friday morning.  A few meals on my menu plan:

Egg roll in a bowl
Healthy burger salad bowl
Chicken with zucchini and red peppers
Egg bake with bacon 
 
On my reading pile:::
 
Stories that Bind Us by Susie Finkbeiner
We Travel an Appointed Way by A.W. Tozer

On my to do list today:::
 
 Dishes     
Laundry, lots of laundry
Clean the top shelf of a cabinet
Supper in crockpot
Scrub kitchen sink

Plans for this week:::

Plan menus and make grocery list
List some kids' books, notions, patterns, and cards on Etsy
Plan a meal for guests at Sunday lunch after church
Decluttering in the bathrooms
Write blog posts
Work on my Sunday School lesson
Just listed on Etsy

What I am creating:::
 
Fabric bookmark
January cross-stitch sampler
Start some pillow quilts for youngest granddaughters

 

From the camera:::
 
Ari and Jim on their little pond.  Josiah's ducks in the foreground!
 
I snagged the photo from Carrie's Instagram.   So lovely and sunny down by the pond yesterday afternoon.  The three ducks are the ones Josiah incubated back in December.  Aren't they amazing?
 
Bible verse, Devotional, Quote:::

Continuing through a study of Lamentations.  Pondering this verse today: "Who is he that saith, and it cometh to pass, when the Lord commandeth it not?"  (Lamentations 3:37)  Such a statement of God's sovereignty!  A cross-reference is Psalm 33:9 -- "For He spake, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast."


 
On my prayer list:::

Friends & Family
Missionaries


There is Happy Homemaker Monday for this week!

 


7 comments:

  1. You have many worthwhile plans and as a result are a most productive lady! May your plans be successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that really fascinating! I had no idea that there were red-winged blackbirds out there. We have blackbirds here in the Netherlands, but not of that particular species. I'm definitely going to look up some videos on YouTube to listen to their unique song. Thanks for sharing your experience with us, and for the lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Sandra's little Monday posts. I don't think I have ever seen a bird like that. It must be a northern bird. I keep thinking I am going to be able to put away my jacket and then it cools off again. I think I will wait a while longer before I officially hang it back in the coat closet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of laundry is my story, too. I'm trying to figure out how to accomplish it without getting hurt. Ha! Loved the photo you snagged from your daughter—the ducks, the grandgirlie, and her husband. So peaceful.

    Have a great week!

    Major troubles publishing with a message saying an error occurred. If you get multiple comments from me, please delete.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed reading your post. Loved all the photos, the little golden book cover made me smile, brought back memories. And that pond photo just makes me want to get outside. Hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs. T so glad to be back to your blog. I enjoyed your post, you write so well. No tv? good for you less time spent on futile things, more time for Christmas prep ;) Love the picture. Haven't got that Gooseberry Patch book, will look it up. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Mrs. T. Welcome to my Happy Homemaker Monday. I'm thrilled to see a new face joining in. :)

    Enjoyed reading your post. I have quite a few Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks, love them.

    Hope you're having a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.