Sunday, April 09, 2023

A blessed Easter to all!

Wonderful graphic from Abby at Little Birdie Blessings

Today I'm taking a break from my regularly scheduled Sunday Scripture posts to wish all of my readers and friends a blessed and meaning-filled  day of celebrating Christ's resurrection.  

"He is risen, as He said"!  (Matthew 28:7)

Our Resurrection Day celebration will begin with a meaningful outdoor service which is always a real blessing.   We will then adjourn to the fellowship hall for a bountiful potluck breakfast.  I'll be bringing an egg bake, hash brown casserole, a fruit salad and some coffeecake and pastries.

Later we will enjoy a special Easter worship service filled with wonderful music.

Our plans are to eat Easter dinner with our local daughter, her hubby, and their four children.  My daughter and I are collaborating on the food, which will include ham, make-ahead mashed potatoes, salad, and more as well as a scrumptious dessert.

I pray that each of you will have a wonderful Easter, however you may be celebrating at church or with family. 

For those who may be missing my usual Sunday Scripture post, here are some links to older posts for you to enjoy: Why Easter Matters (2014); Why Easter Matters (2022); and Why Easter Matters  (also 2022)

In all that we are doing, may each of us ponder all that our salvation cost our Lord and may we take time to thank Him for His willing sacrifice on our behalf.

"For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
"And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures."
(1 Corinthians 15:3-4)

We serve a risen Savior! This is truly worthy of celebration!  Have a blessed day! 



3 comments:

  1. Enjoy a blessed day! It sounds lovely from start to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post on the most special holiday for Christ-followers. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your plans sound lovely. I hope you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.