Monday, April 17, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday

 


Trying again for another  Happy Homemaker Monday with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.  As my friend Elisha, who inspired me to join in, commented: "With so much emphasis on what we do outside our homes it's always nice to see how others are managing the inside stuff of home and family."  I agree with that thought, though many times I don't feel I manage the inside stuff all that well.   We will see how I do!

The Weather:::

Dreary and rainy.  Not pouring so far, just drizzly.

As I look outside my window:::

 The snow is gone from the woods and things are quite muddy still.  Trees are beginning to leaf out.  My forsythia is beginning to blossom, and my one crocus has bloomed. I always find early spring to be an ugly season here, but there are promising signs appearing.
 
An antique card from my collection


Right now I am:::
 
Trying to make good use of time until I am able to eat lunch.  Cement is setting on a dental crown.  So I'm finishing this blog post and trying to accomplish other riveting tasks to distract me.
 
Thinking and pondering:::
 
Continuing to think, ponder, and write on the topic "taking a bird's-eye view" as I prepare a devotional to share with a group of ladies in mid-May.


On my bedside table:::
 
Books, a pen, vial of Deep Relief essential oil.

On my tv this week:::
 

Nothing this week.
 
Listening to:::
 
The monotonous but cheerful call of a tufted titmouse.
Image from Pixabay

On the Breakfast plate:::
 
I do intermittent fasting so don't have breakfast.  Lunch is going to be a salad with cubes of cheese and turkey.
 
On the dinner plate::: 
 
Leftover meat loaf, hash brown casserole, and broccoli salad from a company lunch yesterday.
 
On the menu for this week::: 

I usually plan my menus from Thursday to Thursday, and grocery shop on Friday morning.  A few meals on my menu plan:

Egg roll in a bowl
Chicken with artichokes and broccoli
Egg bake with bacon
 
Last week our Market Basket had cod fillet on sale and I made a baked fish and spinach dish with it.  It was wonderful!  I haven't checked this week's flyer but I'm hoping it's on sale again. 

Not a current ad ... this is from a few years back.  And, actually, from a different supermarket.
 
On my reading pile:::
 
Stories that Bind Us by Susie Finkbeiner
We Travel an Appointed Way by A.W. Tozer

On my to do list today:::
 
 Dental appointment
Laundry
Work on my devotional for a ladies' brunch in May
Ladies Bible study this evening
Wash bathroom floors

Plans for this week:::

Plan menus and make grocery list
List some kids' books, notions, patterns, and cards on Etsy
Decluttering in the bathrooms
Write blog posts
Work on my Sunday School lesson
Spend time at my volunteer job
 
What I am creating:::
 
Fabric bookmark
January cross-stitch sampler
Start some pillow quilts for youngest granddaughters
 
In the center of this photo is a fabric bookmark I've already made and gifted.  This Readerville fabric is so much fun!
 
Bible verse, Devotional, Quote:::

Reading through the Daily Walk Bible.  Today I was reading in 2 Chronicles 13-16.  So many instructive passages in these chapters.  I was struck once again by the prayer of Asa in 2 Chronicles 14:11 -- 

"And Asa cried unto the LORD his God, and said, LORD, it is nothing with Thee to help, whether with many, or with them that have no power: help us, O LORD our God; for we rest on Thee, and in Thy name we go against this multitude.  O LORD, Thou art our God; let not man prevail against Thee."  

That last sentence is one I am praying frequently in the times we're experiencing.

On my prayer list:::
Friends & Family
Missionaries 

 

Lovely graphic by Abby at Little Birdie Blessings

 And that is this week's Happy Homemaker Monday!  Happy Monday, everyone!

 
 
 

 

6 comments:

  1. Tufted titmice are such fun birds, we have a pair that visits our backyard. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate dental work, but love the bookmarks you are making. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder. I was wondering just the other day what that bird was at our feeder. Such pretty birds. You are one busy lady. So glad I got to visit you, a newbie, today. Hope to see you again next time. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so thankful that so many prayers are in the Bible. Our need for God never diminishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:34 PM

    Hello, Oh I enjoyed this post so much. Sending good wishes for the dental appointment.
    I do love the Tufted Titmouse. Our Robins are back and I love hearing them trill in the morning and night.
    Carla from The River

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read your latest blog post and I must say I really enjoyed it! At this moment, I also hear the call of a small bird, the great tit. It keeps going on and on.

    I'm curious about the topic "taking a bird's-eye view". Can you give me a rough idea of the direction you're thinking about?

    I remember sitting with my coach on a bench by a small pond. Above our heads, 3 birds of prey circled high in the sky. I was talking about problems in our little chruch (church split) and pointing to the bent reeds in the pond, I sayed, "When I look at '.... names ' they're so bent and ugly, they split our church" Later in the conversation, we looked up at the birds of prey circling high above the pond. That's he moment when my coach said, "But if we take look at the situation from above, we might have a different perspective. And if God looks down from above at those people, thos bent and soiled reeds, He might see beauty in them and say, 'I will not break them. I will make a fresh start.'" We continued talking about it. Taking a bird's-eye view is a grateful subject, I think, with many different angles to explore.

    Lieve groet,
    Aritha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.