Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Breakfast Potatoes

Here, for mom2fur, is the recipe for Breakfast Potatoes mentioned in my Menu Plan Monday. Enjoy!

BREAKFAST POTATOES

2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
1/4 cup sliced onion
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Coat a 9-inch microwave-safe pie plate with cooking spray. Arrange the potato and onion slices in the plate and sprinkle with the seasonings. Cover and microwave on High for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheese. Cover and microwave on High for 4 to 5 minutes more, or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 2 servings.

We really like this easy potato recipe from an old TASTE OF HOME magazine. It goes especially well with egg dishes, but I think it would also be good alongside a hamburger. You can obviously increase the amounts to make more servings, but if you do, remember that the cooking time will be longer.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:11 AM

    Thank you for those recipes. Nothing better than being able to have confidence with a tried-and-true one. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, L!

    And it is a lovely day here in New England! I love the cooler weather. We are approaching my favorite season.

    Glad you liked the recipes. Hope you try some of them and that you enjoy the results as much as we do.

    I'm off to prepare our picnic supper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.