Monday, August 28, 2006

Menu Plan Monday

I love this idea, which I found over at I'M AN ORGANIZING JUNKIE. Although I've been doing menu planning for many, many years, I like the idea of posting my week's menus on my blog in addition to the side of my fridge! As I mentioned last time, I ordinarily plan my meals from Thursday to Thursday. But lately I've been trying to do that planning earlier in the week, so Menu Plan Monday is going to help me achieve that goal. Here's what we'll be eating this week:

Monday -- Crabmeat Quiche, Breakfast Potatoes, Fruit Salad (this is a menu that didn't get used last week)
Tuesday -- Cheese Ravioli & Veggies, Fruit 'n' Nut Tossed Salad, Bread & Butter
Wednesday -- Cashew Chicken Wraps, Ranch Pasta Salad
Thursday -- Creamy Swiss Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Asparagus Stir-fry Vegetables (frozen, from Walmart)
Friday -- Spinach Lasagna Roll-ups, Mixed Vegetable Salad, Italian Bread
Saturday -- Vegetable Shrimp Toss, Herbed Dinner Rolls
Sunday -- Greek Pasta Salad, Herbed Dinner Rolls, Apple Crisp Pizza (the first Sunday of the month is our fellowship dinner at church)

Looking forward to seeing the menus others will post!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, it all sounds so good! What are breakfast potatoes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:16 PM

    Wow, that all sounds sooo good! Are your recipes posted anywhere? The Chicken Wraps, Lasagna Roll-ups and Veggie Shrimp Toss all sound delicious. I buy a bag of asparagus stir fry at Walmart also, we like it :)

    Hope you have a wonderful day, and a terrific week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, WOW what a menu! I'm totally impressed. It all sounds so good but one question, when do you eat all your leftovers..lol. I'm loving the sound of Apple Crisp pizza. Apple Crisp is one of my all time favorite desserts. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone!

    mom2fur, I will post the breakfast potatoes recipe tomorrow. It's just a simple microwave recipe that goes well with egg dishes.

    Stacy -- all three of the recipes you mentioned are from Quick Cooking magazine. I think you can probably access them from Taste of Home's recipe search feature. Tomorrow I will mention what issues of the magazine these particular recipes are in. Too late tonight... And yes, isn't that asparagus stir fry great? I love the variety of vegetables in it and the price is right. I never stir-fry it, just cook it in the microwave.

    Laura -- I've been thinking I might post the Apple Crisp Pizza recipe here on my blog -- it is one of our favorite fall desserts. Maybe I can find time tomorrow. As for when we eat the leftovers -- often we only have a serving or so left over and one of us will eat that for lunch the next day or so. And sometimes we have enough left over to have the same meal again another night. When that happens I just bump one of my planned menus to the next week.

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stacy --

    The Cashew Chicken Wraps are from QUICK COOKING May/June 2005.

    The Vegetable Shrimp Toss is from QUICK COOKING Sept/Oct. 2004.

    The Spinach Lasagna Roll-ups are from QUICK COOKING Sept/Oct. 2003.

    As you can tell, I keep all of my old magazines and continue to use them! Of these three recipes, the Lasagna Roll-ups is the only one I have previously tried.

    I did try TASTE OF HOME'S recipe search feature for the cashew chicken wraps, and it brought up the recipe easily, so I am sure you could find all three by that means.

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.