Friday, August 15, 2008

Show & Tell Friday for August 15


For Show & Tell today, I will share just one thing -- this pretty little dish shaped like a bunch of grapes. I know almost nothing about it. It was given to me by my mother, but I don't know where she got it. It has "Italy" stamped on the bottom of the dish. This photo shows the dish with its matching spoon in place...

And this one shows it with the spoon alongside so you can see how cute the spoon is.

So that is my show & tell for today. To see what others have shared for Show & Tell Friday, head on over to There is No Place Like Home

and check out the links. Happy Show & Tell Friday, everyone!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs. T. That is a beautiful, unique piece. Do you suppose it is to serve jelly?
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:42 AM

    It's amazing that the spoon has survived too - they get broken so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting and pretty dish. Do you think it's purpose was originally for an olive tapenade?
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is pretty! I wonder how it was used..

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very cute!

    LaTeaDah

    ReplyDelete
  7. How neat! Cool colors-and yes a cute spoon too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ladies,

    It is truly a joy to see so many of you here at my kitchen table! Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comments about my little dish. Nancy, I tend to think you are right and that it's intended to serve jelly. The inside of the dish is smooth, not bumpy like the grapes on the outside as one might think. And the spoon looks about right for plunking a serving of jelly on a piece of toast or English muffin.

    Hope you all have a wonderful week!

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.