Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bright spots in the wildflower garden

This time of year, the wildflower garden is mostly just ferns and foliage. The bright yellow primroses have just gone by. To brighten things up a bit this year I planted a few impatiens since they love shade. These have done well here, so I may add a few more.

Here is a bright red-orange impatiens.


And here is a pink double impatiens.


Here's a closeup of the double impatiens. I love how they look like little roses.


I also planted a sort of lavender-pink color, but didn't get a photo of that one. Maybe later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.