Monday, February 07, 2011

Valentine sweets


With Valentine's Day coming up, why not make some candy to share with family and friends? Even better, send a care package to loved ones far away (as long as they are not in a location where chocolate will melt). Valentine surprise packages are a special treat to college students, elderly relatives, or faraway friends. Here are links to some of my favorite candy recipes:

Heavenly Delight is our family's favorite fudge. Christmas cannot go by without me making at least one batch of Heavenly Delight. I will probably make another batch for Valentine gifts, or maybe just for the potluck at church.

Chocolate Peanut Morsels are another fun treat. These are very, very easy to make. I think they would be yummy with raisins added, too.

Chocolate-Covered Almond Brittle is a little more work, but still not difficult, as the candy part is cooked in the microwave. This is a delicious homemade candy.

And Peanut Butter Balls are a favorite treat of ours. I've included two recipes for them in this post. You'll note that one of the recipes can be made with a white chocolate coating as well as regular chocolate. The peanut butter balls with a white coating are very pretty for Valentine's Day decorated with Valentine sprinkles or red and pink sugar.

One more treat to share: Chocolate Pizza . I had not made (or even thought of) these for years, but they used to be a staple in my college care packages, so here's the recipe for old time's sake! I always made a number of little individual pizzas from this recipe, using muffin tins, little pie pans, or doll size layer cake tins. And rather than the red and/or green cherries, I used red and green M&Ms®.

Have fun with these recipes and make some sweet treats for your Valentines!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.