Thursday, March 01, 2012

Nice pot roast recipe for the slow cooker!

(Photo by Taste of Home)
On Sunday, I made this recipe for the potluck lunch at church:  Melt-in-Your-Mouth Pot Roast.  I think I had tried this one time last year but had not posted about it.  I put more potatoes and carrots in than the recipe said, and I also put all of the ingredients in the slow cooker insert the night before and refrigerated it, so I cooked this at High for all but the last hour or two, when I turned it to Low.  (I thought I remembered that when I made this last year, the potatoes didn't get cooked.)  This time, everything turned out just right.  To serve this at church, I cut up the pot roast and put it in the center of a large platter (we have a number of these in the church kitchen).  Then I arranged the potatoes and the carrots (I just used regular carrots, cut in sticks, rather than baby carrots) around the meat and drizzled a few spoonfuls of the broth over everything.  I put the remaining broth in a pitcher to serve alongside.

People really enjoyed this pot roast, and I will not hesitate to make this recipe again the next time chuck roasts are on sale.  Definitely a "keeper" recipe!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting--I'm putting the ingredients on my grocery list with plans to make it tomorrow. You have a great weekend, Mrs. T.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you and your family enjoy the pot roast, Mrs. Smith! And hope that you have a wonderful weekend as well. We had a winter storm with about 8 inches of snow here yesterday, and the possibility of several more inches tonight. It has looked and felt like spring up here on and off all winter. I have a feeling we may get most of our snow in March!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lot of snow! Were you glad to see it? This has been an unusual winter!

    We did enjoy the pot roast, very much so! I am so glad that you posted about it. I will make it again and again! Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually was glad to see the snow, in a way. It is so beautiful and covers up a lot of ugliness. We have had so little snow this winter that it was sort of fun to have a real storm. (I might have [no, make that WOULD HAVE] felt differently if I had to drive in it.)

    Am so glad that you enjoyed the pot roast so much and that it is a keeper recipe for you too!

    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds wonderful. I am new to your blog, so I spent some time browsing through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with hyour readers and I'll be back for more. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome, Mary!

    I am so happy that you found your way to my blog! And I am thrilled that you spent time browsing through earlier posts. I wish more people would do that. There is some great stuff in the archives and -- although I do mention that occasionally -- I'm afraid most people never see it. So I'm very glad you did, and I hope you'll enjoy any recipes you try.

    Have a wonderful day, and come back and visit at my kitchen table soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your pot roast slow cooker recipe. I love making a pot roast for my family. I love the leftovers for hot roast beef sandwiches and for cold sandwiches. I've been researching roast recipes as I have been serving more beef since reading about grass fed beef.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.