Monday, November 12, 2012

Back-on-Track Challenge, Week 3


Well, a third week of my personal back-on-track challenge has passed.  I am not sure where the week went.  Recall, I had originally planned this challenge for 21 days.   I've definitely decided to continue it for at least one more week, maybe more.   Here's my report for the past week; how I did in the four areas I was challenging myself in:

*  health and energy -- specifically eating right, exercising, drinking enough water, and getting enough sleep -- did okay with this.  Again, I probably did best with the "getting enough sleep" part.  Exercised only 2 days, though I did seem to be doing a lot of running around after kids, so perhaps I can count that.  Still need to work on all of these specifics.

*  spiritual life -- especially Bible study, Scripture memory and meditating on Scripture -- Again this week,  this went very well.  I again set some specific spiritual life goals for each day and I'm happy to say that I met those every day!  I will continue to work on these, because I firmly believe that the spiritual aspect of life is the most important and that if it is not all it should be, I will continue to have trouble with goals, purpose, and priority in all other aspects of life.

*  homemaking -- getting back into the routines that work for me; getting better at time management -- I'm still not where I want to be with the homemaking routines OR the time management, but there's been definite improvement -- especially in time management.  I was so thankful to see how Saturday went -- it was a busy day and I had a lot to accomplish.  I was so pleased to see how the Lord gave wisdom regarding my use of time to help me feel relaxed and not rushed.  (Praying to master the skills of time management has been an ongoing prayer request of mine for years, so that explains why I'm so thrilled to see progress!)  Still need to work a lot harder at getting those homemaking routines in place.

* creativity -- blogging more often and trying to craft some birthday and Christmas gifts  --   Did quite well with this; managed to finish three Christmas gifts and got a lot of prep work done for others.  I managed to post in both blogs fairly often, too, though not quite as much as I'd hoped to.

All in all I am pleased with the third week of the Back-on-Track challenge and am hoping it goes even better this week, which is already looking like a very busy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.