Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Savory Stuffed Pumpkin

(Photo by Taste of Home)
Last night I tried a new recipe.  I had seen a "dinner in a pumpkin" recipe on my friend Nikki's blog and was intrigued.  I found a similar one here at Taste of Home: Savory Stuffed Pumpkin.  The pumpkin is scooped out, then stuffed with a mixture of ground beef, mushrooms, rice, etc. and baked in the oven for an hour and a half. I turned the oven off just before we went to vote, and so this yummy meal was waiting for us in a warm oven when we returned from voting. 

I should add that I chose not to use the water chestnuts and that I used fresh mushrooms (which I sauteed along with the onions) instead of canned ones.  We both liked this meal a lot and decided it was a definite "make-again" recipe.  In fact, a second pumpkin has been set aside for just the purposes of making another Savory Stuffed Pumpkin.  I will serve it with homemade baked beans on Saturday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.