Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Prayer for America

Image courtesy Vintage Holiday Crafts.com
Let's all remember to keep our country in prayer, each and every day, that our people will have a heart to return to God and to the important principles on which America was founded.  Let's pray especially for the outcome of this 2012 election which seems particularly crucial.  We know that in the end, God is in complete control and that He is the One who sets up and takes down world leaders.  Yet we are also to be good citizens wherever He has placed us.  So if you are a United States citizen, please do be sure to prayerfully exercise your privilege of voting today.

"If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."  (2 Chronicles 7:14)


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this timely reminder....as our pastor put it on Sunday. Sometimes God does not always give us what we think is best. Sometimes he gives us hard times so that we will be BETTER!! I hope that the large voter turn out is a sign that people really care about the direction in which our nation is heading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joining you in prayer! Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are right about the voter turnout, Arlene! And your pastor's words are right on target. Whatever leaders God ends up giving us will be for His purposes and our good in some way, even if it may not look ideal to us. He knows the end from the beginning! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And thank you, too, Mrs. Smith! I appreciated your post about prayer for our nation, yesterday. Good idea to post it in advance of election day! Hope you have a wonderful day as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.