Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Dessert


Photo by Taste of Home
Several weeks ago I tried this dessert recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert for our weekly potluck at church.  I have made similar desserts in the past, in particular a plain chocolate one and a lemon one.  Those are both wonderful, but I decided to give this chocolate peanut butter variation a try, and am so glad that I did.

The pudding layer includes both chocolate and vanilla pudding mixes for more of a milk chocolate flavor.  The cream cheese layer includes peanut butter, and there are chopped peanuts in the crust.  I was able to make this wheat free by substituting gluten free all purpose flour and adding a bit of xanthan gum.  This is a very delicious variation on the recipe and one that I will be making again.  If your family enjoys the flavors of chocolate and peanut butter together, you will want to give this recipe a try!

1 comment:

  1. Me too, Teri! That flavor combination is a big favorite in our family!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.