Monday, August 26, 2013

Goals for week beginning 8/26/2013

Lake Willoughby, Vermont
Monday again!  Here is a list of my goals for this week:
*  Spend time in 2 Samuel Bible study
*  Finish Sunday School lesson 8
 *  Make 1 or 2 pages for "What Do I Know About My God"?  notebook
*  Memorize Psalm 145:1-5
*  Read 2 chapters in A Woman's Call to Prayer
*  Exercise or go for walks as often as time allows
*  Keep up with crafting goals for birthdays, Christmas, and finishing UFOs
* Start work on Darrin's birthday gift
*  Start work on a cookbook for a wedding gift
*  Make some homemade padded mailing envelopes
*  Bake some cookies and muffins
*  Keep up a good water intake
*  Get to bed by 9:30 or 10 pm each night
*  Post at least four times in my regular blog, and in my Christmas blog as time allows
*  Get a lot of basic homemaking tasks done in various zones of the house
*  Spend at least 15 minutes a day reorganizing the many piles, stacks, notebooks and containers full of recipes I've collected over time.
*  Make a daily time schedule for the things I need to do
*  Enjoy some weekend times with friends

And here is how last week went:
*  Begin a new Back on Track challenge -- not done [see note below]
*  Spend time in 2 Samuel Bible study -- DONE!
*  Finish Sunday School lesson 8-- not quite finished
 *  Make 1 or 2 pages for "What Do I Know About My God"?  notebook -- DONE!
*  Memorize Psalm 145:1-5 -- memorized verse 3 and am thinking about trying to memorize this entire psalm.
*  Read 2 chapters in A Woman's Call to Prayer -- DONE!
*  Exercise or go for walks as often as time allows -- managed a few walks
*  Keep up with crafting goals for birthdays, Christmas, and finishing UFOs -- DONE!
* Start work on Darrin's birthday gift -- not done
*  Start work on a cookbook for a wedding gift -- bought needed materials
*  Keep up a good water intake -- DONE!
*  Get to bed by 9:30 or 10 pm each night -- nearly managed this
*  Post at least four times in my regular blog, and in my Christmas blog as time allows -- DONE!
*  Get a lot of basic homemaking tasks done in various zones of the house -- DONE!
*  Begin the large project of reorganizing the many piles, stacks, notebooks and containers full of recipes I've collected over time -- not started, but I'm making a new commitment to work 15 minutes a day (at least on weekdays) on this project.
 *  Weed the garden -- think I'm giving up on this; the squash and lettuce (the only things that ever really took  hold) are holding their own and the squash is sprawled all over the garden.
*  Make a daily time schedule for the things I need to do -- DONE!

There are not as many  DONE!s as I'd like to see, so I'm surely hoping for a more productive week ahead (although it does look like a busy one with lots of time spent out of the house).  I'm hoping that by modifying a few of the big goals I may make more progress.  We will see!

As for the back-on-track challenge, I'm going to try and start that in September.  I'm just not getting anywhere with it, so I think I need to just start over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.