|Image from Photos Public Domain|
Last week I took my dad to a dental appointment. Actually, I had taken him to one a couple of weeks previously, too. Both times, the appointment took a lot longer than I was expecting. The most recent one was scheduled to take two hours and took nearly three. I could have said that it took three hours right out of my day. Or wait a minute ... did it add some time to my day?
It really felt like a gift of time. This dental practice does a very nice thing for people who have brought someone to an appointment. They serve you coffee while you wait. That's right ... you get to pick your K-cup of choice and they bring the freshly brewed coffee out to you on a little tray with cream, stirrers, and whatever else you need. The coffee is in a lidded mug.
And while I sipped my Green Mountain Eggnog Spice coffee, here's what I got done:
* Planned my menus for the week
* Made my shopping list for the week
* Perused the Market Basket flyer for price matching items at Wal*Mart
* Worked on crocheting a scarf for a Christmas gift
* Thought about my Christmas list
* Thought about our Thanksgiving menu
* And even browsed through a couple of magazines.
Yes, a gift of time for sure. God truly provides all of our needs ... even a little extra time.