Recipes, memories and random thoughts from my kitchen
Friday, March 22, 2019
Friday five for March 22
Time for another Friday five!
Last week my daughter Carrie, at Life on a Back Road, posted what she titled the "Tired Edition" of Friday Five. This week, I've got to admit that I'm feeling pretty much like that myself. But to continue ...
1. Time last Friday evening with our dear friends Sam and Jenn. Just a joyful time of sharing a meal and simple Bible study. (This seems to appear in my Friday five often, because it's always such a blessing!)
2. A great day of fellowship at church on Sunday. We had visitors which is always encouraging, a great message from the book of James, and a productive, agreeable annual business meeting in the afternoon. It was my week to bring snacks for the coffee break, and you can read about some of that (and get recipes, if you like) here: Weekend baking report.
3. Great walking weather this week. We got out three times (it's raining today and my friend was out of town on Monday) but on Tuesday we went for twice our usual amount of time, so I'm counting that as four times. Below you see scenes from Wednesday.
4. Getting out for a breakfast sandwich with my hubby yesterday at a favorite local spot. This was quite possibly the best breakfast sandwich I've ever consumed, made on a homemade English muffin.
5. Maple sugaring season getting underway here in New Hampshire. There is nothing like real maple syrup! The illustration at the top of this post is from a Tasha Tudor calendar, and she depicts what I remember from my childhood very well. This is Maple Weekend in our state, and thankfully the sap has started to run so there will be sap to boil in the sugarhouses this weekend. Mr. T and I are hoping to visit a friend's sugarhouse, but we will see!
I live in scenic northern New England with my handsome husband. We're empty-nesters with a bunch of adorable grandchildren. We love (tent) camping and traveling, but don't get away as often as we'd like to.