Friday, September 09, 2022

A belated happy birthday to my hubby!

 

Yes, we celebrated his birthday this week.  I will write more later about some of our time with our Nevada loved ones and all that we did during their time with us, but for today I wanted to put these up just for fun.  You may wonder what that is with a lighted birthday candle stuck in it.  It's a variation on a Cornish pasty -- a savory meat pie which we have taken on picnics often over the years.  I tried using puff pastry this year, as I had been given a large package of it.  It worked out very well.  I made beef and potato pasties and also turkey and rice ones.

Our birthday celebration was in Franconia Notch.  No picnic tables in this particular area, so we all found seats on the rock wall at the profile plaza.  You can see most of our group in this picture.

I'll be back with a Scripture post on Sunday -- and hopefully I can share some of our family fun with you all next week.

4 comments:

  1. Mr. T looks a bit perplexed by his lunch. ☺️ Sounds delicious to me! Well someone did a nice job of getting nearly everyone into the picture. Of course, you are famously missing.

    Looking forward to your photos!

    Happy Birthday, Mr. T 🎈

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of you all on the wall. Great family time and the food looks real good. Happy Birthday to Mr. T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure why he looked perplexed (but you're right). He helped make them so of course he knew what they were. The candle was a surprise, though. He probably didn't want candle wax all over his pasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what fun! Where there's a will there's a way to celebrate no matter where you are! I love that. What a lovely big group of family! I know you have had a marvelous time together, and I can't wait to read all about it and see the pictures when you are ready! So happy you all had that time together. Happy Birthday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.