Monday, September 12, 2022

Posting September goals a little late

 

 Yes, the first third of September is gone, but I thought I'd post a few goals anyway.

First and foremost on my list of September goals, had I posted one, would have been enjoying a visit from our Nevada daughter, her hubby, and their seven children ages 20 months to nearly 16 years.  They left yesterday, so that's one goal I can leave off the list now.  The photo at top shows four of the grands (two from New Hampshire, two from Nevada) eating an early Thanksgiving dinner in our living room.  Just one of the joyous times we were blessed to have together!

Here goes with the list:

* Keep up with Flylady's homemaking zones of the week
* Enjoy a week of revival services at our church
* Continue reading through the New Testament
* Post in this blog several times per week
* Post in my Christmas blog as often as possible
* Attend a ladies' retreat at The Wilds of New England
* Continue planning for family birthday gifts and crafting any handmade ones
* Craft some homemade Christmas gifts and decorations
* Do some sewing projects ( a few more sachets to stave off musty odors, plus maybe curtains) for the cottage
* Spend a little time on some UFO craft projects
* Continue stocking my Etsy shop and continue selling vintage items
* Spend some time on my trust responsibilities
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating
* Memorize several Bible verses and review some older ones
* Get back into our study of the book of Daniel with younger believers
* Continue working on and teaching a ladies Sunday School class
* Continue to help a widowed friend with the challenges of life in general
* Drink enough water each day
* Walk and/or exercise at least 4 times each week

HEALTHY HABITS FOR SEPTEMBER:  Drink more water/get more sleep/get more exercise/limit sugar

And that's about it!

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful to see your beautiful family ( part of it!) around the table, enjoying an early Thanksgiving dinner together! What a great idea to go ahead and do that while everyone was there! I am looking forward to seeing more pictures of their visit with you. I am sure it is kind of bittersweet to have said good bye to them, until next time. Sweet memories...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right. Lots of sweet memories. It was nice to see the cousins enjoying one another's company so much!

      Delete
  2. Great idea to enjoy Thanksgiving together. I can't believe that your daughter and her family's visit is already over. Hope that you're already making plans for the next visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it was a very quick visit -- only 10 days -- and at first time moved slowly. Then about halfway through, it seemed to accelerate and the time flew by. No visits planned until 2023, but you never know.

    And yes, Thanksgiving ... I was so glad we could do that. After dinner (but before dessert) we shared testimonies and sang some hymns to violin accompaniment. Precious time indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.