Thursday, September 01, 2022

Laboring over a hodgepodge post

 

... and running a little late with it at that!   Yesterday was Wednesday again, and time for the Hodgepodge -- the linkup where Joyce, at  From This Side of the Pond, asks the questions and bloggers provide the answers on their own blogs.  This week's questions involve Labor Day and the end of summer.  Here goes!

 1. Something you've labored over recently? 

Preparing our little camp as a place for our Nevada loved ones to stay during their 10-day visit.

2. How will you rest on Labor Day? 

We are planning a trip to Story Land, a NH amusement park, with our daughters, their spouses, and 11 of our grandchildren.  Not much rest there, I don't think.

 

 

3. Margaret Mead is quoted as saying, "I learned the value of hard work by working hard." Would you agree? Where and how did you learn the value of hard work? 

I learned the value of hard work from my dad for sure.   Mostly from watching him work hard not only at his job but around the house and yard and coming to understand he was doing so for us, his family.  But I did learn the value of hard work sweating over a dishwasher in a restaurant kitchen at 14; helping my dad load and unload lumber by hand; tossing hay bales into a truck; having my own baking business at 15; and much more.

4. It's National Eat Outside Day (August 31st). Will you? Do you enjoy dining 'al fresco' or prefer indoor seating? 

We  love dining 'al fresco' and did in fact eat lunch outdoors on August 31, on our back deck.

5. Somehow it's the end of August. What was the best day of the month for you and tell us what made it so? 

I am going to have to say the 31st, for that is the day our daughter, her hubby and seven kids arrived at the camp to stay for ten days! They just made it on the 31st too, arriving at nearly 11 pm!

6. Insert your own random thought here.

We will be getting together soon with some good friends at this fun place: Beech Hill Farm.   We met up there once before when our NV loved ones visited in 2015.  It makes a great place for kids to have fun while adults can visit and all can enjoy ice cream.  Note to Vee: they serve Gifford's!

 



And there's my late-ish, labor-intensive Hodgepodge!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun day that was! Storyland is a fun place. Have a great day. I really like the idea of a great big sandpile with lots of trucks and toys...smart! Gifford's you say? 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so happy for you that your family has arrived safely and you are already having fun fun fun! I know they will love the little camp and Story Land and the Ice Cream place, etc....all sounds like so much fun. Take lots of pictures and just enjoy being together!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.