Monday, January 08, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday

 


As usual, there's no time for a long post, but I'm taking a few minutes to join Sandra for this link party over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

The Weather:::

23º with some clouds, some sun,  12 mph wind, so that it feels like 11º.  Predicted to get as high as 31º later today, though the wind is not predicted to die down much.

As I look outside my window::: 

 I see a mostly cloudy winter sky with some blue beginning to appear.  After yesterday's snowstorm, we have a foot of new snow, with all of the ground and trees being snow-covered.  It's very pretty.




 

Right now I am:::

 Working on a blog post.  I have a lot to do and tend to feel guilty about blogging, but my blog friend Pam reminded me that I should not feel guilty.  She commented on last week's post: "please don't feel guilty about taking the time to write...your writing is a gift to those of us who read it, and God is using you to reach out to others with His love and grace and hope and encouragement to live for Him. That is never time wasted ... [a blog] is a tool to be used by God to share Him with the world. We are so blessed to have this opportunity while there is yet time. Just my thoughts on this subject...and why I continue to write as often as I can. We are so blessed to be given this gift of writing for God's honor and glory. Thank you for being faithful to your calling."
 
Okay, Pam!  You have made your point.  No more guilt!
 
Thinking and pondering:::
 
Continuing to think on the new year and just what my goals and priorities should look like.  Still debating with myself on whether I will choose a word for the year.  I'm considering either "persevere" or "continue".  You can read about my past choices here: word for the yearThough I don't always choose one.  Most years when I have chosen a word, I have made a Pinterest board for it.  I find that really helpful, since it often seems that once I find my word, I continue to see blog posts and articles that will reinforce my thinking on it.  This provides a good place to keep them for future reference.  Below is an example.  I have boards for courage, faithfulness, focus, diligence, renewal, settled, and stewardship in addition to this one.

 
On my bedside table::: 

 A lamp, four books,  and a pen.

 Listening to::: 

Literally, silence.
 
On the Breakfast plate:::

I do intermittent fasting so don't have breakfast.  Lunch will be a salad with cubes of ham and cheese in  addition to leaf lettuce.

On the dinner plate::: 

Hamburgers, baked squash, Italian green beans

On the menu for this week::: 

 A few meals on my menu plan:

Chicken divan
Cheeseburger cauliflower
Egg roll in a bowl

Not from today, but our back woods and stone wall currently look just like this.
 
On my reading pile:::
 
Choosing Forgivemess by Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth
A Step Farther and Higher, by Gail MacDonald
High Call, High Privilege, also by Gail MacDonald
All Manner of Things,
by Susie Finkbeiner -- which I am reading through for the second time, and loving it
 
On my to do list today:::

Work on several blog posts
Work on Sunday School lesson 18
Laundry√
Change dining room decor to winter
Declutter the closet where I keep my baking pans, etc. 
 
A Christmas decoration I had nearly forgotten about, so got it out this year.  It was an after-Christmas buy many years ago.
 
Plans for this week:::

Plan menus and make grocery list
List some Christmas cards on Etsy
Ironing
Take a bag to the thrift store
Work on Sunday School lesson 18
Blogging
Get started with an exercise regimen
Continue 40-day sugar fast
Begin some serious decluttering
Start a pillow quilt
Eye doctor appointment on Thursday
Ladies Bible study on Saturday

 
What I am creating:::
 
January cross-stitch sampler, plus another wintry cross-stitch I've just started
Some "condensation catchers" out of old towels to place behind toilets that sweat in the humidity -- no, I still haven't finished started those! 😕  And I need to do so, because the old towels are just sitting around waiting to be used!
Some dishcloths in Christmasy colors
Need to start a pillow quilt
Crocheted hot mat for the gift stash (like those below, but those are older)
 
I pretty much always have one "on the hook" because I have the pattern memorized and they do make great gifts, especially hostess gifts.
 
 
Bible verse, Devotional, Quote:::
 
This quote from the simple study I'm currently using for my Sunday Scripture posts:
 
"True wisdom includes insights into life's real meaning and the ability to deal with life's problems in godly ways, relying on Jesus for forgiveness and salvation."

 I love that truth that true wisdom includes so much.  Insights into life's real meaning, and learning to deal with life's problems in godly ways, are so, so important.  This quote by Jane L. Fryar comes from her devotional prayer journal Reflections: The Woman God Sees
 
Beautiful graphic by Abby at Little Birdie Blessings

 
On my prayer list:::
 
Friends & family
Church family
Missionaries
Our country
 
And there's the Happy Homemaker Monday  for this week! 

7 comments:

  1. How nice to read from you for a moment. I also take Pamela's words to heart, thank you for passing them on.

    Thank you so much for the Pinterest-idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading the encouraging words from your friend. I too enjoy reading your posts and have found them to be so encouraging over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rarely have silence as I usually have KLOVE or The Message playing in the background even when I am watching youtube videos but right now the silence before shutting down for the night is quite calming. I hope you have a restful night :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful when a friend encourages you like Pam did.
    Your crocheted mats are so pretty. What a great idea to always have some on hand for gifts.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful winter photo! Glad you were encouraged about your blogging. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Pam was right on! Loved reading your post. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll admit it - I am jealous of your foot of snow! What a sweet thought from your friend Pam! And she is correct, don't feel guilty for blogging. It's important to your heart to feel whole, your mind to organize thoughts, and to your readers who get joy and ideas from reading it.

    Persevere was my word for 2023. I was hoping for something light and encouraging this year, but God gave me cultivate. I guess another year of work ahead! But that is ok, I'm following His plan!

    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.