Monday, October 13, 2008

Menu Plan Monday for October 13


Wow, has it been awhile since I posted a menu plan! A warm, partly cloudy, breezy autumn day here in northern New England. This week will involve quite a bit of cooking (and eating) because our church's missions conference runs from Friday through Sunday. Here's my menu plan:

MONDAY: Chicken Pot Pie, Stuffing, Squash, Mashed Potatoes, Cranberry Sauce

TUESDAY: Sausage Subs, Seasoned Fries, Coleslaw

WEDNESDAY: Crab Melts, Sweet Potato Fries, 3-Bean Salad

THURSDAY: Apple Glazed Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes, Asparagus Stir-fry Vegetables

FRIDAY: (invited out to dinner)

SATURDAY: (company for breakfast) menu yet to be determined. It will either be: Egg Brunch Bake, Hash Brown Casserole, muffins, and morning orange drink (sort of like orange julius) OR Blueberry French Toast, homemade sausage, bacon, and morning orange drink.

Saturday evening we are having an international supper at church. I will probably bring Venezuelan Rice & Black Beans, some sort of salad, and Bavarian Apple Torte.

SUNDAY: either leftovers, or Lentil Soup and Cornbread

After the evening service there will be a pie fellowship at church. I will bring 2 pies but haven't decided yet what they will be. Probably one will be some variation on apple pie. The other may be my famous "Reese's Pie" which features chocolate and peanut butter.

If you would like to see menus which others have shared, head over to I'm an Organizing Junkie and check out the links. Usually close to 200 people -- sometimes many more! -- share links to their weekly menus. You'll find some great ideas and often recipes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.