Friday, October 03, 2008

Sew Crafty Friday for October 3


Well, it's Sew Crafty Friday again. I don't have a lot to share today, but wanted to show the progress on a second cookbook and on the "Snow Angels" cross stitch.

This cookbook has an apple theme for the cover, since the couple I'm giving this to is having a fall wedding.

And here's what the back cover looks like.

I only have a few pages in this book so far. I have many printed out, but only a few embellished and in place. Here are two of them.

Now for the cross-stitch. Here's how it's coming along. It's a relief to have the two children mostly completed. They are definitely the most complicated part of the design. Lots of shading.

And this will give you an idea of how the completed piece will look.

How about you? If you have managed to accomplish or even start any crafting this week, then head on over to Waiting for Him and share your projects. Shereen and others will be eager to see what you have to share.

Happy Crafting!

6 comments:

  1. Love your cook book Mrs. T!! The cross stitch is cute too. I plan to do some stitching today...still working on Father Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Arlene!

    Thanks so much for stopping by! I made a little bit more progress on the cross stitch last night... I began work on the large tree to the right side of the picture. A lot of this design is just done in half stitching, and all of the white parts are left unstitched, so even though there is a lot of shading, it's not overly complicated.

    Hope Father Christmas is coming along well and that you find some time to stitch today.

    Stop in anytime!

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so pretty. I really MUST get back to my kittens x-stitch (smack wrists!) I can remember seeing a painting by Monet (or was it Manet?) when I was a child, and my dad was copying it (he painted too) and he said although it was a snow scene, there was very little pure white in it. The x-stitch picture reminds me of that - lots of snow but not too much white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jennie,

    I always get Monet and Manet confused, too. Anyway, I do know what you mean about snow scenes having very little white in them. In this design, a lot of it is left unstitched so the white shows through, but there are many other colors (some of them blended in the needle -- ugh!) for the snow and the shadows on the snow.

    Thanks for stopping by!
    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:50 AM

    Mrs. T:

    I have not written in ages. Sorry! Lots going on! I wanted to let you know that I made some wonderful italian sausage from boneless pork ribs (very easy -- already cut up and boneless) (always on sale)and ordered some italian sausage seasoning from Penzeys. The final outcome is a keeper!

    Sharon from Phoenix

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon!

    It is so nice to see you here at my kitchen table again! Oh, your Italian sausage sounds just delicious. What a great idea to use the boneless pork ribs... and Penzeys spices are just terrific, aren't they?

    Thanks for sharing your idea... and please do stop in and visit anytime.

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.