Friday, October 17, 2008

Show & Tell Friday for October 17


Today's Show and Tell will be very short, but I wanted to show just a bit of my autumn decorating for this year. This display on my hutch makes me smile every time I look at it. In general, it is much like last year's autumn display which I showed here last fall. The difference is in the middle shelf, and also the wonderful autumn tag on the shelf above it is a new addition. I showed this in a previous post -- the tag was made and shared with me by a dear friend. Oh -- when I sent this friend a photo of my autumn hutch, she asked if the fall mugs on the top and the teapot on the bottom shelf were part of a set. No, they're not. Those pretty tall mugs were from a home party my daughter-in-law gave some time ago. The teapot was purchased at Walmart several years ago after Thanksgiving at a wonderful price. Isn't it gorgeous?

The middle shelf is the same in some respects as last year -- the two Gooseberry Patch books, the Fiestaware salt & pepper shakers, and the little sunflower pot. As you can see, the "pot" is a wooden spool wrapped in ribbon. The sunflower head is attached to a cinnamon stick for the "stem" and then a strip of homespun tied around it. Very cute and simple. I got this as a favor at a ladies' seminar some time ago. The cream pitcher is from the "Olde Curiousity Shop" set. The little "Autumn in the Air" booklet was one I picked up in a Cracker Barrel in PA on our way to visit our daughter and son-in-law in SC in 2001. Just a month after the terrorist attacks on September 11 of that year, we drove south. We stopped at this Cracker Barrel for supper, and it was just such a comforting feeling to come into the warm room with its crackling fire and a hostess offering samples of apple crisp. I picked up this free booklet and have kept it ever since as a reminder. I came across it with my other autumn things and decided to display it this year. And the bunch of grapes dish -- I set it on the hutch when I changed the table decor, and liked how its colors blended so well with all the autumn things, so decided to keep it there.

So that is my simple show & tell for today. To see what others have shared for Show & Tell Friday, head on over to There is No Place Like Home

and check out the links. Happy Show & Tell Friday, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely stuff...but my first thought was "Look how clean and shiny her wood furniture is"...wanna come over and shine my stuff up for the weekend? [kidding]

    My show n tell is posted...come on over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs.T. It looks SOOO pretty. And I love the sort of rustic look of your hutch.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful collection. I love the smile letters.
    Have a great week.
    Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smiling when you see it, is what its all about isn't it? Very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your hutch very much...I am drawn to wood. And hootin' anni is right, it is very shiny...what do you use?

    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.