Friday, October 10, 2008

Show and Tell Friday for October 10


Today's show and tell could be considered short and sweet. I have just a few items to show, and they could all be put in the "sweet" category. Two of these items are vintage, and the other is quite new.

I will show the new item first. It is just for fun; I will probably never use the contents, but it's so cute. It's a tiny can of sweetened condensed milk. Our daughter and son-in-law have spent several months in Antigua at two different times, and they brought us this adorable souvenir pantry item. The can is two inches high and about 1.5 inches across. The other side of the label is in English and reads "DUTCH LADY Sweetened Condensed Milk". It is a product of Holland.

This sugar bowl was a thrift-shop find which my daughter Joanna gave me as a gift one time. She remembered that in our family summer cottage there had been a couple of mugs similar to this, labeled "Coffee" of course, instead of "Sugar". I love this sugar bowl because of the treasured memories it brings back, and also because of Joanna's thoughtfulness in giving it to me.

And lastly, this is a vintage cinnamon-sugar bear. It is made to be converted into a little coin bank if one wishes to do so. The label says "Tops for Toast" which is sort of fun. And the lid reads "Mr. Bear's a bank, too!". My parents recently found two of these in one of their cupboards.

So that is my simple show & tell for today. To see what others have shared for Show & Tell Friday, head on over to There is No Place Like Home

and check out the links. Happy Show & Tell Friday, everyone!

9 comments:

  1. The bear is just adorable! Great items. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! What lovely memories they have for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun items! That little can of condensed milk is so cute!


    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love unique vintage finds. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like all your little 'sweet' things. I wanted to buy one of those bear glass containers and put cake sprinkles in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such neat items...My sister brought me one of those cans of milk from Antigua too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet treasures and gifts, Mrs. T!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi ladies!

    Thank you all for stopping by to see my show & tell and for leaving such sweet and thoughtful comments.

    Carrie, that is so neat that your sister brought you one of those little cans of condensed milk, too.

    Please stop by and visit anytime!

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember the bears, so cute, The milk is a neat treasure. But the dolies are the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.