Friday, October 03, 2008

Show and Tell Friday for October 3


Today for show and tell, even though I am quite late getting this posted, I want to share something beautiful that a friend made for me. This dear friend wishes to remain anonymous, but she is a talented craftswoman and I just had to show what she created to encourage me.

It is a beautiful autumn tag with the theme of "peace". She designed this tag around a photo and a couple of scanned leaves I had sent her just for fun. She put everything together so beautifully to convey God's peace that passes understanding.

Here's the photo I sent. We took this last year at Lake Tarleton State Park.

Here's a scan of a pretty pink and green leaf... one of the first of the season.

And here's a scan of two red leaves.

Now see what my friend did with these elements! I love the way she put everything together.

Notice the two little moose -- one at the water's edge and one standing in the water. The quote at the bottom of the tag is from Elizabeth George's book on Psalm 23, Powerful Promises for Every Woman. What a blessing this tag has been to me! I have it prominently displayed on my hutch among other autumn treasures.


So that is my simple, but oh-so-meaningful show & tell for today. To see what others have shared for Show & Tell Friday, head on over to There is No Place Like Home

and check out the links. Happy Show & Tell Friday, everyone!

10 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! What a sweet treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet friend you have, Mrs. T! I love what she created with the fall leaves...so pretty!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. I love the combined elements and the message.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fall colors and what a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:49 PM

    What is not to love about fall. I love my seasons. I don't think I would do very well in the southern states. Got to have my snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your friend is very crafty and thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ladies,

    It is so nice to see all of you here at my kitchen table! Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at this lovely tag that is such a treasure to me, and for leaving such sweet comments.

    Stop in anytime!

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete
  8. that a sweet friend, a treasure from nature, is the bbest gift of all

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the tag your friend created!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, she is so talented as well as generous. She definitely inspires me to creativity.

    Manuela and Lady Katherine, thanks for stopping by and leaving your sweet comments. Please come back and visit my kitchen table any time!

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.