Monday, January 03, 2011

New Year goals for 2011


I don't make New Year's resolutions, but I do like to set some goals at the start of a new year. When I thought about setting goals for this year, I went back and looked at last year’s goals, as I usually do. This year I also worked through some questions I had found on someone’s blog last year but hadn't taken time to consider. Although I have made progress on many of last year’s goals, all of these areas still need work, and I’ve added a few new ones. So...

Here are some of my goals for the coming year. Many are them are the exact same goals as last year. They are in no particular order, and I'm sure I will think of more later, but for now:

1. To go to bed earlier than I do now.

2. To exercise and drink plenty of water every day; to eat more healthfully and get more sunshine and fresh air.

3. To make my daily quiet time with God ever more meaningful.

4. To grow in the areas of perseverance, self-control and unselfishness.

5. To continue to grow in the practical skills of homemaking, money management, and time management. One specific goal in this area is to spend less money on groceries in the coming year, remembering the principle that money not spent is money saved.

6. To get back to and then stick with the housekeeping routines that work for me and to declutter the entire house.

7. To continue to grow spiritually and to use my talents and my spiritual gifts for God's glory. To spend more time in Bible study in the coming year, and to apply what I learn to my daily life. One goal is a study of Psalm 119.

8. To use my God-given interests and abilities to help bring in some household income.

9. To be more of a help to my husband; to make our home more of a refuge from the world for both of us; to nurture our relationship with little getaways and regular dates.

10. To learn and profit from the lessons that God has for me so I that I won’t have to learn them more than once.

11. To stay in closer touch with my friends and to be a better friend and encourager.

12. To do something creative, no matter how small, every day.

4 comments:

  1. Nice goals for the new year :) I like to have goals for a new year as well. Good luck and happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Helen! Have you set goals yet for this new year? Thanks so much for stopping in here at my kitchen table. I hope you will stop by often.

    God bless -- and happy new year to you too!
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could echo each of those goals. I especially like the "do something creative each day" goal. Isn't it interesting how fulfilling that small creative bit is in our life?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it is indeed so interesting how fulfilling that creative bit is in our lives. I believe that creativity is God-given (after all, look at how creative He is!) and I also find that when I actively seek to nurture creativity in my life, I start to think more creatively in every area of life. If you click the label "creativity" in the label word cloud, you will come to my post "Living in the Light of Creativity" which shares a few more thoughts on the subject.

    Lovely to see you here, Pamela! Please stop by and visit often!

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.