Wednesday, February 08, 2012

A healthy, delicious supper!

(Photo by Taste of Home)
Back in November, I took advantage of a $5 subscription offer from Healthy Cooking magazine.  I have received two issues so far and am very pleased with the magazine.  It has fantastic recipes and some interesting articles.  In the first issue, which was December/January, in the quick and easy section for suppers, I found these two recipes:  Chicken Sausage with Peppers and Cheese Smashed Potatoes.  They were suggested as main dish and accompanying side dish.  I made this meal for my dad (I cook for him several times a week) and also for Mr. T and myself, and we all enjoyed it. 

The only thing I changed with the sausage recipe was to use all orange peppers instead of different colors.  I had been given some orange peppers, and I don't quibble with colors on free food!  In the potato recipe, I had only russet potatoes so used them, and I did peel them as the outsides weren't too appetizing-looking.  And, I was out of shredded cheddar, so I substituted 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese for the 2/3 cup cheddar, reasoning that as it is a sharper, more flavorful cheese I could get by with less.  Both substitutions worked out just fine -- and I must add that no one could taste the cauliflower in the potatoes.   Both of these recipes are "keepers" for me.  Hope your family enjoys these if you try them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.