Wednesday, February 01, 2012

February 1

... and, in the dormer window by my crafting desk, a somewhat confused Christmas cactus.
(Photo was taken on Monday so it is even prettier now.)

I noticed on Monday that a blossom was coming and turned it so that side of the plant was away from the cold window.  What am I  to think?  This cactus has bloomed at odd times before, including Halloween, Thanksgiving, Civil Rights Day and St. Patrick's Day.  Maybe it's a holiday cactus .. it will still be blooming tomorrow on Groundhog Day!  No matter, its cheery color and exuberant blossom brightens up this dreary winter day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.