Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A patriotic pie -- Red, White & Blueberry Pie

(Photo by Taste of Home)
 I have been making this pie for special summer occasions for many, many years and have posted the recipe before, but with Memorial Day coming up I thought I would share it again.  Here is the link to one of my past posts of the recipe:  Red, White, and Blueberry Pie.  I originally found the recipe in Taste of Home magazine, years and years ago.


I've tried making this with frozen berries.  The frozen raspberries work perfectly, which is great because they are much less costly than fresh ones.  But frozen blueberries don't work as well, so I prefer to use the fresh blueberries for this. Hope your family enjoys this pie if you give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.