Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Goals for 2013

Image courtesy of Gooseberry Patch
Here are my general goals for the coming year.   Again this year, I used the goal-setting questions from SimpleMom.net to get my thinking going.  They suggest five categories and so I have chosen to use those as well.

Personal growth:  Work on character qualities of unselfishness, compassion, perseverance, and self-control.  Read and journal through Proverbs and the Gospels on an ongoing basis through the year.  Read at least 3 books -- A Woman's Call to Prayer, Finding Your Purpose as a Mom/Building Your Home on Holy Ground, and Following God with All Your Heart.  Memorize more Scripture and finish at least 1 Bible study.

Physical health:  Exercise at least 5 times per week.  Get enough water and sleep.  Cook and eat with health in mind.  Work on a different healthy habit each month so that in general, I'm taking better care of myself.

Marriage/family life: Plan periodic getaways.  Take advantage of every moment together.  Take time for dates.  Plan fun family activities.  Minister to my family with the gift of a peaceful, orderly home (translation: declutter the entire house and get back to my homemaking routines!)  Plan trip to visit faraway family.

Money matters:  Spend less on groceries.  Put time into my A-store and work on plans for an Etsy shop.  Plan and prepare items to sell at craft fairs this fall.  Read 1/2 Price Living by Ellie Kay.

Relationships outside the home:  Be more of an encourager to my daughters, friends, and the ladies in my Sunday School class.  Stay in better touch with faraway friends and family.  Make myself available to help and encourage those who are nearby.

So there you have it -- my list of goals for 2013.  Have you arrived at a list of goals yet?

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:47 PM

    Mrs T, those are excellent goals! I hope you do open up an Etsy store. I will definitely be shopping there! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Mrs. R!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent goals! I have worked a bit on mine but I don't have them concrete yet. I'm still not completely well from the flu, so my hubby has me grounded! ;) So now I have time to work on those intangible things like writing down my goals, rather than just thinking about them. We leave Monday for the wedding! For that entire 2 1/2 weeks we're gone, I'll be focusing on all the family we'll be visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Susan! I think it's probably a good thing that your hubby has you grounded. You need to get just as well as possible before taking that plane trip.

    Isn't it good that God has given you this quieter time now, before the wedding and all of the family time, to work on thinking through and writing down your goals? He is so good to give us just what we need and just when we need it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.