Friday, March 01, 2013

March goals


I know February is always a short month, but this February seemed to fly by faster than ever.  Now it's time to set goals for March:
* Read through the gospel of Luke and into the book of John, journaling as I go.
* Read 4 chapters in How to Build Your Home on Holy Ground
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses.
* Finish last chapter of 1 Samuel Bible study book; begin study of 2 Samuel
* Exercise at least 20 times.
* Get to bed by 9:30 pm each night.
* Limit sugar.
* Drink enough water each day.
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week.
* Continue with planning for trip to Nevada.
* Mail a box of books to Nevada.
* Spend several hours updating my A-store.
* Read 4 chapters in Following God with All Your Heart.
* Make at least a dozen items for sale at craft fairs.
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family.
* Work on updating and writing new pages for summer devotional book
* Post often in both of my blogs -- probably not daily, but more often than weekly
* Make a winter table runner.
* Continue writing down my memories for faraway grandchildren
* Declutter several closets
* Spiff up entire house in preparation for being away in April
* Decorate for spring
* Finish several handcrafted birthday gifts for March and April birthdays.

And here is the report on how February went:
* Read through the gospel of Mark and into the book of Luke, journaling as I go -- DONE!
* Read 4 chapters in How to Build Your Home on Holy Ground -- not done; think I only read 2.
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones -- only memorized a couple and reviewed only part of a psalm.
* Finish 1 chapter of 1 Samuel Bible study book  -- DONE!
* Exercise at least 20 times -- think I only managed 14 or 15 times, but it's better than nothing.
* Get to bed by 10 pm each night -- DONE!
* Limit sugar -- didn't do so well with this.
* Drink enough water each day -- DONE!
* Keep up with Kelly's missions in homemaking zones of the week -- not quite.
* Check out airline tickets for trip to NV in spring -- DONE!
* Spend several hours updating my A-store -- not even attempted.
* Read 4 chapters in A Woman's Call to Prayer  -- not done because I switched the book I wanted to read first to Following God with All Your Heart; but I have read 5 chapters in that.
* Make at least a dozen items for sale at craft fairs -- not done.
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family -- DONE!
* Start planning summer devotional book -- DONE!
* Post often in both of my blogs -- probably not daily, but more often than weekly -- DONE!
* Decide on the next course of study for my ladies' Sunday School class -- DONE!
* Finish some UFO craft projects for the home -- DONE!  (Although I do still want to finish a table runner.)
* Continue writing down my memories for faraway grandchildren -- DONE!  (I hope to finish this and bring the book with me.)
* Look after local grandchildren while their mom recuperates from surgery -- DONE!
* Complete some tax-related tasks -- DONE!
* Finish several handcrafted birthday gifts for March and April birthdays -- work is ongoing, but the gifts remain unfinished.

As you can imagine, I am hoping for a very productive month of March since we will be away for a part of April.  I'm praying to that end!
(Photo from Photos Public Domain)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.